Posted on: January 16, 2020
Number:186646Category:Finance/AccountingPosted Date:December 12,
2019Work Location(s):Wilmington,DE,USAt ADP we are driven by your
success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome
your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your
efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If
success motivates you, you belong at ADP.We strive for every
interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise,
Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation,
Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.BASIC
FUNCTION:Provide general back office investment and accounting
support including: creating morning investment and borrowing
positions for portfolio managers; daily trade settlements with
custodian bank; preparation of wire transfers; accounts payable;
perform monthly accounting entries, assist in the month-end close
process, including preparing payroll entries, investment
rollforwards, and other month-end reconciliations.GENERAL
- Prepare daily investment and/or borrowing positions for
approximately 35 U.S., Canadian, U.K., and French portfolios
averaging about $31B per day, which require accurate and timely
presentation to portfolio manager and Corporate Treasury throughout
the day. Cash positions include beginning cash balance, maturities,
coupon payments, cash transfers, corporate actions, sales,
purchases, and other miscellaneous items. Communicate with various
groups throughout the day and provide updates to key stakeholders
regarding changes to cash transfers from client funds
- Reconcile cash daily for all portfolios. This involves ensuring
that cash coupons and trade settlements are processed on a timely
basis and agree with ADP accounting system records.
- Daily trade settlements with custodian bank ensure that trades
entered into the investment system are fed into the custodian bank
system and monitor settlement process throughout the day.
Investigate and resolve trade differences as they arise by
communicating with brokers and custodian bank.
- Initiate wires transfers utilizing the bank online portals.
Approve and release repetitive and free form wire transfer
- Accounts Payable input invoices into the accounts payable
system daily and create a list of checks to be paid on a weekly
basis. Monitor the expense trend and ensure adequate liquidity to
fund the disbursements.
- Assist with month-end close process including preparation of
certain monthly journal entries and investment rollforwards.
- Prepare custody reconciliations monthly and research any
- Maintain files of board minutes and other broker/legal
- Coordinate investment account opening application with ADP
legal and investment counterparties
- Other complexities and responsibilities of this position not
- Interact with various levels of local and corporate teams to
obtain accurate cash flow figures.
- Provide ongoing support to portfolio manager.
- Provide detailed variance explanations, research and resolve
all income and trade related discrepancies daily.
- Assist with month-end close duties interest income analysis,
verifying book yields, and average book values, management fee
- Act as backup in the duties of other associates, in the event
of absence of other team members.
- Assist with preparation of annual tax package.
- Assist with providing information for internal and external
auditors.QUALIFICATIONS :Education : Bachelor Degree in Accounting
or Finance required (or equivalent in education and experience);
Licensed CPA or working toward license is highly
desirable.Experience : Approximately 3-4 years of experience in
progressive accounting and finance environment with a Big 4
accounting firm (investment accounting preferred). Experience in an
investment firms back office operations or equivalent
preferred.Preference will be given to candidates who have the
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and
other MS applications.
- Knowledge of the Portia investment accounting system,
Bloomberg, Dynamics general ledger, and Hyperion Financial
Management systems are desired
- Strong internal controls mindset (ability to identify and close
control gaps and/or issues)
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong analytical/problem
resolu tion skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities
simultaneously (multi task)
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment is
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivatedWere designing a better way to work, so you can
achieve what youre working for. Consistently named one of the Most
Admired Companies by FORTUNE Magazine, and recognized by
DiversityInc as one of the Top 50 Companies for Diversity, ADP
works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help
their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash
their talent. Always Designing for People means were creating
platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together
we can unlock a world of opportunity.At ADP, we believe that
diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment
opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information,
creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful
alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected
veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates
excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability,
and job performance.Read more about this jobApply NowShare this job
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Linkedin
- Share by Mail
Keywords: ADP, Wilmington , Investment Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!