Assoc Staff Accountant
Company: Constellation Energy Corp.
Location: Kennett Square
Posted on: September 25, 2022
At Constellation, a freshly independent and soon-to-be Fortune 200
company, we're providing the energy and services to transform our
future. Combining next generation technologies and product
offerings with the country's lowest carbon generating fleet, our
company is purpose-built to meet the challenges of the climate
Constellation has been the leader in clean energy production for
more than a decade. Now we're speeding delivery of low-carbon or
no-carbon power to help families, communities, governments, and
businesses meet their sustainability and decarbonization goals.
Constellation provides 10 percent of total clean power and 22
percent of clean baseload power in the United States and is the
leading competitive retail supplier of energy products, services
and clean energy solutions. The race is on to confront climate
change, and no company is more ready to meet that challenge.
We are committed to advancing diversity, equity and inclusion and
believe in attracting, retaining and advancing employees who will
best serve and represent our customers, partners and communities.
We provide a workplace that ensures mutual respect, where each
individual has the opportunity to grow and contribute at their
greatest potential. Constellation will provide you the tools and
resources you need to design, build and power a successful
Constellation offers a wide range of benefits, designed to help our
employees thrive professionally and personally. In addition to
highly competitive salaries, we offer a bonus program, 401(k) with
company match, employee stock purchase program; comprehensive
medical, dental and vision benefits, including a robust wellness
program; paid time off for vacation, holidays and sick days; and
Join us as we accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future.
Energize your career with Constellation.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform a variety of accounting assignments within a Business Unit
or functional area of responsibility. Record and report financial
transactions, reconcile accounts and ensure compliance with
Sarbanes-Oxley control requirements. Produce accurate and timely
financial statements as needed, including, if appropriate, FERC
based financial statements. Participate, as needed, in the planning
and analysis function for the Business Unit or functional area of
responsibility in coordination with FP&A. Maintain and identify
opportunities to enhance internal controls and support regulatory
compliance and business planning by performing analyses. Work
closely with other departments and business units regarding
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close
process for Business Unit or functional area of responsibility,
ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately
and timely as well as analyzing and reviewing financial statements
and variances. Consult and liaise with operating unit finance
personnel on accounting issues. (40%)
* Prepare, review and analyze account reconciliations for companies
and/or designated functions within Business Unit or functional area
of responsibility. Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley control
* Prepare the monthly reporting packages, including analysis of
current actual results to prior period actual results for use in
internal and external reporting. Assists in the accounting,
analysis and budgeting of various accounts in coordination with
* Interact with internal and external auditors, Controller's Group
and Business Units as required to accomplish goals. (10%)
* Assist, as needed, in special projects and the implementation of
changes in FASB/GAAP. (10%)
* Perform day-to-day activities associated with the monthly
financial statement close process.
* Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and
* Proactively notify Principal, Manager or Director of any
accounting/reporting issues or concerns.
* Work closely with other departments and Business Units regarding
* Work output has considerable impact on the work of other
financial functions, reporting and decision making processes.
Impact on earnings focuses on appropriate utilization / development
* Work with various parties, both within the Controller's Group as
well as other areas of the company, to accomplish goals, resolve
issues and enhance and improve processes. Contact with others
requires tact and persuasiveness.
* Work is varied and somewhat difficult in nature, but usually
involves limited responsibility. Requires moderate exercise of
judgment, initiative, and ingenuity to select the most appropriate
course of action.
* May participate in planning processes at project and departmental
* Work under minimal supervision.
* Position, at times, may require overtime, weekend work and
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
* Entry level, no years of related experience required
* Demonstrated technical knowledge and understanding of Accounting
theory, principles, practices and regulations including FASB/GAAP
and SOX compliance
* Understands requirements for documentation in work papers,
disclosures and memos; demonstrated ability to document a broad
range of technical issues.
* Demonstrated successful use of technology to improve process
* Effective teambuilding and leaderships skills
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Commitment to highest standards of quality and integrity
* Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with
* MBA with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
* Public accounting experience
* Regulatory/utility/FERC/SEC reporting or energy industry
Constellation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and
employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin,
race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Keywords: Constellation Energy Corp., Wilmington , Assoc Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Kennett Square, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!