Company: HomeWell Care Service of Sussex County
Posted on: January 27, 2023
HomeWell Care Service of Sussex County - SUMMARY: - -
Under the supervision of the HR Manager and Finance Manager, the
Payroll/Benefits Clerk -provides various accounting and clerical
support for the agency.
- High school graduate.
- -Two years related experience and/or training.
- -Basic knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles.
- - - - -Competency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite.
- - - - -Must possess excellent math, data entry, organizational,
and communication skills.
- - - - -Must demonstrate a strong attention to detail and
- - - - -Must present a positive and professional business
- - - - -Must pass a criminal background check.
- - - - -Knowledge of various billing programs is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enter, maintain and correct financial data in the required
accounting and/or management systems.
Generate client invoices in accordance with established billing
cycles; confirm irregularities and/or changes to clients with the
appropriate staff member; provide to Directors for review and
approval; send to clients via email and/or mail.
Promptly furnish billing, scheduling, and/or service documentation
to third party payor sources at to ensure prompt payment to the
agency and/or reimbursement to the client.
Process client payments and reconcile accounts.
Assist clients with any invoice or payment related questions.
Monitor accounts receivable to mitigate delinquent accounts; follow
up with clients and/or client representatives to ensure prompt
payment for services; initiate collection of past due accounts;
notify Directors immediately of payment issues and/or past due
- - - - -Prepare agency payroll in accordance with established
payroll cycles, ensuring data is accurate and verifying
discrepancies between scheduled and worked hours with all
appropriate staff members; provide to Director for review and
approval; submit to payroll processor and review completed payroll
to certify accuracy.
- - - - -Assist employees with any payroll related questions.
- - - - -Ensure employee information is accurately maintained in
the payroll system and updated as needed, including but not limited
to the addition of new hires; changes to pay rates, withholdings,
benefit accrual and other employee data; and employee
- - - - -Verify accuracy of invoices; reconcile issues with the
appropriate agency staff and/or external vendors.
- - - - -Monitor accounts payable to ensure timely payment of
invoices; provide reports to Directors of upcoming and/or past
payments due; generate payment for approved accounts and ensure any
needed signatures are obtained.
- - - - -Investigate questionable data and recommend actions to
- - - - Audit and reconcile records and reports to maintain
complete and accurate financial records.
- - - - -Perform other projects as needed, including but not
limited to providing general clerical support.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIROMENTAL DEMANDS: This is a primarily sedentary
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIP: Reports directly to the HR Manager and
POSITION TYPE & EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK: Full-time.
Hourly rate: $16.00
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any
time with or without notice.
Keywords: HomeWell Care Service of Sussex County, Wilmington , Payroll/Benefit's Clerk, Accounting, Auditing , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!