SVP - Internal Audit Methodology (Hybrid)
Posted on: September 16, 2023
The SVP-IA Methodology is a senior level position reporting to
IA's Head of Methodology, responsible for maintaining a deep
understanding of methodology concepts to support the global IA team
in accordance with IA standards, Citi policies, and applicable
regulations. The individual is expected to work in collaboration
with IA stakeholders in the execution of improvements to Citi's IA
methodology, related guidance, templates, and other enabling
1. Methodology Innovation and Resource Maintenance
- Research and identify internal audit industry best practices,
that may be implemented in Citi's IA methodology to further enhance
and streamline the audit execution process.
- Collaborate with various audit teams to discuss and vet
adequacy and value of proposed methodology innovative concepts and
ideas and present to IA leadership for discussion and
- Maintain a solid understanding of the latest audit industry
standards and requirements to ensure that proposed methodology
innovative concepts are aligned with all industry standards and
- Understanding dependencies and impact of new methodology
innovative concepts and ideas on existing audit and firmwide
- Leading the design and implementation of the audit methodology
improvements concepts (including documenting the IA Methodology
guidance, templates, developing training and presentation materials
and other stakeholder resources, etc.)
- Monitoring changes in regulatory requirements, policy
requirements, and IA business needs and pro-actively identifying
and incorporating changes to IA's Methodology resulting from them.
2. Stakeholder support: Internal Audit, Quality Assurance,
- Supporting Regulatory Examinations of IA: preparing and/or
reviewing regulatory submissions related to IA Methodology.
- Supporting IA Quality Assurance on interpretive guidance
regarding IA Methodology.
- Leading/Supporting/Contributing as required to L&D
initiatives designed to enhance IA's compliance with IA
- Coordinating with in-house technology/innovation support in
matters related to enhancing and aligning IA processes/tools/IA
Methodology. 3. Departmental and regulatory Testing, attestations
- Overseeing the execution of critical regulatory processes,
reviewing their outcomes, and - where necessary - implementing
corrective actions. For example:
- Annual Gap Assessments against IIA Standards, FRB 13-1, OCC
Heightened Standards, and other regulatory requirements.
- Contributing to in-business Risk and Control forums, as
necessary 4. Inter-departmental coordination and liaison
- Representing IA and coordinating with Citi departments
(typically Operational Risk, Compliance, Global Technology) on
policies and initiatives impacting approaches to risks/controls.
- IA's alignment to Citi-wide process/risk/control
- Citi's Issues Management policy
- Technologies and processes supporting the above-mentioned
examples. 5. Team Management in the execution of the above
- Strong understanding of audit, the audit risk-based approach,
and be able to critically assess ideas for appropriateness given
remit of Methodology, and develop well-reasoned, balanced and
pragmatic arguments and conclusions.
- Ability to develop an autonomous, authoritative presence among
stakeholders, based on their technical knowledge and professional
experience. This experience can be risk/audit experience in any
banking/finance/accounting/consulting related field.
- Related certifications (CIA, CPA, ACCA, CISA or similar)
- 5+ years of experience in a related role Education:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent
- Advanced degree preferred.
Job Family Group:
Internal Audit -
Tampa Florida United States
Primary Location Salary Range:
$126,510.00 - $189,760.00
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified
interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are
a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to
use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review
Accessibility at Citi .
View the " EEO is the Law " poster. View the EEO is the Law
View the EEO Policy Statement .
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Keywords: Citi, Wilmington , SVP - Internal Audit Methodology (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!