*Senior Compensation Partner - Delaware -
Company: Solenis LLC
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company's product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com -Twitter - LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers' unique challenges. If you're interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
In this critical role, the incumbent will have the unique opportunity to evolve and to continue build our global Compensation function for Solenis. In this individual contributor role, the incumbent will be the technical subject matter expert responsible for administering our global compensation programs, and developing the analysis in support of driving global compensation programs and strategies.
The primary focus of this position is to provide analytical, consultative and project management support for various compensation activities, including but not limited to: annual merit planning, variable pay calculations, market pricing, compensation program analysis, and preparing accruals of compensation programs for the Finance team. This role will also support and assist with compensation program design, implementation and communication; as well as regulatory compliance and education. Responsibilities also include partnering with all Human Resources Business Partners and the business to manage the completion of the day-to-day compensation analyses and business related requests. This role will also serve as the Compensation Administrator in our newly launched Workday HRIS system.
- Supports a variety of compensation initiatives including program design and development; and facilitates business input into designs. Ensures compensation programs balance competitiveness with affordability.
- Leads and administers the compensation planning initiatives throughout the year (e.g., merit, variable pay - sales and corporate), off-cycle increases, awards and recognition programs). Conducts regular audits and data validations accurate and on schedule.
- Plays a critical role supporting the commercial organization in partnership with Finance to administer and maintain the Sales Incentive Targets, related Total Cash Compensation analyses and sales incentive education efforts aligned with our sales growth strategy.
- Leads and conducts the annual merit/incentive budget analyses, compensation surveys and compensation market analyses, and prepares salary range movement recommendations. Provides consultative and analytical support across HR and management in support of pay-for-performance philosophies. Conducts ad hoc analyses as applicable.
- Supports all M&A activity to enable a successful integration of acquired company compensation programs.
- Performs job analysis/job evaluation and recommends appropriate job level and salary structure assignments according to compensation guidelines. Ensures job descriptions are properly leveled and classified.
- Supports and/or leads the preparation, completion and analysis of annual compensation surveys within the competitive market globally. Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis to identify market trends and provides recommendations to enhance salary structures, leveling guidance, job evaluation, incentive program design, and flexibility in programs to support business needs.
- Partners with HR Business Partners, recruiters, and management to ensure compensation practices align with company-wide strategic goals. Consults with cross functional partners and the business on compensation strategy, policies and programs. Works with HRBPs and key stakeholders to educate and influence best practices in all compensation policies and programs globally.
- Supports and drives operational excellence in the compensation function by identifying and developing alternative methods for optimizing and streamlining related processes and procedures. Focuses on increased efficiencies and improvement of compensation related processes. Supports the successful implementation or enhancement of the newly implemented Workday HRIS Compensation/Advanced Compensation modules as applicable to automate processes, enable more analytics/auditing of processes and increase operational efficiency.
- Serves as a 'super user' of compensation and reward systems tools in order to identify best practices, assesses functionality and system requirements, and recommends process improvements as applicable. Ensures data integrity and process compliance for all compensation programs.
- Develops and builds compensation knowledge and expertise proactively to identify new trends, concepts and execute future strategies to enhance compensation programs. Stays updated on changes in legislation affecting employee compensation and partners with corporate legal counsel as necessary to interpret statutory changes.
- Leads and/or supports special projects as directed. Provides surge support for critical HR initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education; CCP certification desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience supporting compensation design, annual compensation initiatives, and benchmarking/market analysis models. 2-7 year's human resources experience preferred.
- Experienced practitioner in the development, administration, and evaluation of compensation programs, exhibiting knowledge of compensation principles and practices. Recognized as a technical expert in compensation practices and programs. Experience in design and analysis of sales compensation preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with compensation and benefits systems and tools. Excellent computer skills, e.g. MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc. Experience with administering and implementing Workday (HRIS) is strongly preferred.
- Strong organization/project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects, timelines and to identify project interdependencies, resource needs, potential risks/pitfalls and mitigation plans. Recognized as an integrator and solution provider.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated experience in preparing and delivering presentations that convey key concepts and outline recommendations to various levels of management.
- Experience in a start-up, divestiture / carve out with an active M&A business environment preferred.
- International, global experience preferred. Knowledge and/or experience with European Works Councils and Mandatory Increases.
Key Capabilities/Success Factors:
- Excellent analytical capabilities with the ability to independently use data and analysis to convey findings and recommendations to all levels within the organization. Excellent attention to detail and strong quality check/assurance capabilities.
- Acts as a champion and change agent for the commitment to operational excellence in the execution of strategies, initiatives, projects and processes.
- Ability to take vague concepts and translate into a specific course of action. Manages ideas and makes decisions through critical thinking and problem solving capabilities. Demonstrates learning agility in working with new, complex business problems and to provide innovative, value added solutions. Ability to develop original concepts or approaches in response to business needs.
- Flexible, innovative with the ability to excel in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment. Ability to scale and quickly adapt as business needs change. Able to maintain productivity and sound judgement during times of change and potentially difficult business challenges.
- Ability to execute assignments or projects with excellence, to take initiative with minimal supervision or rework and resulting in high degree of accuracy and early/on-time delivery. Strong organization skills.
- Possess outstanding teamwork capabilities and when needed, scales in support of unforeseen assignments and tasks through demonstration of personal initiative. Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness.
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled. Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701. #LI-JD1
Keywords: Solenis LLC, Wilmington , *Senior Compensation Partner - Delaware -, Accounting, Auditing , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!