Posted on: November 22, 2021
The primary functions of the Administrative Coordinator role are
to (i) provide administrative, secretarial, and technical support
to the Director of the DE IdEA States Pediatric Clinical Trial
network (ISPCTN)/Director of Clinical Research at duPont Hospital
for Children, (ii) coordinate mentoring, education, and career
development activities. Job functions will center at Nemours but
will involve interactions with clinical and research staff and
senior administrative staff from Professional Development partners.
The Coordinator will work in concert with other members of the
ISPCTN team in relation to administrative and operational
functions, and will maintain a high level of sensitivity,
discretion, and administrative capability coupled with excellent
written and verbal communication skills. The ability to prioritize
and work independently is also required. Under the supervision of
the DE ISPCTN Director, duties include coordination of ISPCTN
activities, Professional Development, development of web-based
content, preparation of correspondence and reports, maintenance of
databases and spreadsheets, planning and executing meetings,
fielding phone and emailed inquiries and requests, and assisting
with online and onsite educational events. Coordinate and act as
recording secretary for committee meetings. Must integrate well
into an administrative team and display leadership skills. Must
understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality, and
demonstrate the ability to do so on a daily basis. The
Administrative Assistant will have reporting responsibilities, as
appropriate, to the ISPCTN Director.Education and Training:
- Associates Degree Required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong Administrative background required.
- Previous experience supporting nursing or clinical departments
- Minimum 5 years job related experience.Essential Functions
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other collaborators to
review and disseminate pertinent information/issues. Receive/field
and initiate phone calls and other communication using verbal,
written and electronic media; receive visitors.
- Coordinate and maintain documentation for the Director of the
IdEA States Pediatric Clinical Trial network (ISPCTN)/Director of
Clinical Research duPont Hospital for Children), including minutes
and memos. Support and take minutes for ISPCTN/Professional
development committee meetings.
- Submit required documents and reports to the ISPCTN leadership,
Professional Development leadership, Nemours Research
Administration, and funding sponsors. Maintain correspondence,
arrange meetings, order supplies, and perform general office
- Provide day-to-day support for the DE ISPCTN Director and
- Assist in research responsibilities for related studies
including preparation of IRB and regulatory materials, participant
recruitment and data management.
- Track and coordinate Professional development, mentoring
agreements, educational accomplishments, and career development
progress of ISPCTN/Professional Development. Assist with staff
development and training certifications.
- Complete special projects at the direction of the Nemours Site
Principal Investigator for the ISPCTN. Assist with accurate and
timely reporting in yearly reports to the funding agencies and the
Institutional Review Board.Additional Functions
- Monitor/use office equipment (facsimile machine, printers,
copier) and monitor supplies.
- Participate in seminars and opportunities for continuing
education. Attend meetings as requested and participate in
committees as requested.
- Develop familiarity with scientific and medical terminology,
bibliography and manuscript format
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Good basic math skills.Performance Skills
- Confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines; work with minimal
supervision on defined tasks; maintain the highest possible
standards for work quality.
- Show initiative and motivation; strong degree of
professionalism. Handle all situations with tact and discretion;
- Excellent ability to set priorities; make decisions; take
direction; accept and provide feedback.
- Exhibit excellent communication organizational
- Exhibit excellent organizational capabilities.
- Maintain progress multiple open tasks; work independently.
- Provide accurate typing and systematic electronic and hard-copy
- Ask questions; give accurate information. Takes direction.
Keywords: Nemours, Wilmington , Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!