Administrative Director, Service Line-Administration pediatrics
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Nemours is seeking an Administrative Director for our
Administration pediatrics division.
The Administrative Director, Department of Pediatrics will have
strategic and operational oversight of practice and hospital based
services for designated service lines within the department.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President and Chair of the
Department of Pediatrics, the Administrative Director oversees the
administrative, operational, strategic planning, marketing and
development activities of designated areas across the DV and across
The Administrative Director will be responsible for establishing
and managing a cohesive administrative and operational
infrastructure for these cross-disciplinary service lines which
includes physician practice and hospital operations; developing and
implementing business plans to support the growth and financial
success of the service lines and specific service line initiatives;
identifying opportunities to improve the patient and family service
experience; assuring patient and associate safety; and establishing
collaborative relationships with various departments and managers
within the Delaware Valley and across the Nemours Foundation in
support of service line providers and researchers. The
Administrative Director, in collaboration with Service Line
Clinical Leadership, is responsible for representing administration
as appropriate and assuring compliance with all applicable law and
regulatory requirements affecting the areas of responsibility.
- Leadership, Strategy, and Planning :
- Develops, recommends to the clinical leadership, and implements
financially viable business and organizational models that balance
and align the interests of designated service lines' various
business units, clinical disciplines, and providers, to achieve
maximum flexibility for program development.
- With the clinical leaders, leads the strategic growth of
assigned service lines and divisions, formulating and gaining
approval for strategic business plans and objectives. Working with
Service Line Clinical Leadership, Nemours' leadership and the
planning, marketing, and business development team:
- Identifies, develops and implements new and enhanced existing
inpatient and outpatient clinical programs and services to achieve
- Develops service line outreach strategic plans
- Ensures that strategic and program planning for service line
initiatives is linked to operational and capital budgeting
processes, as well as facilities development and long-range master
- Establishes marketing and promotional programs that enhance
awareness and preference for service line programs and clinical
services among key customer constituencies.
- Provides support to Service Line Clinical Leadership and
Division Chiefs in the development, communication and
implementation of goals and objectives at all campus and satellite
locations in the DV. Ensures that goals are in alignment with the
corporate drive to excellence philosophy.
- Establishes a cooperative working relationship with the
practice and hospital management teams to advance the goals of the
Hospital and Practice as they relate to the service lines.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining professional
relationships with community and health agencies and partner
- Operations and Financial Management :
- Works with the Service Line Clinical Leadership and or Division
Chiefs to provide administrative and operational oversight of all
divisions, programs, and sites organized within the service
- In collaboration with the Service Line Clinical Leadership,
Division Chiefs, and hospital department leadership, develops,
monitors and meets the operational and capital budget financial
goals for all areas of responsibility encompassed by service
- In collaboration with the Service Line Clinical Leaders and its
leadership team and/or Division Chiefs, recommends a sufficient
number of qualified/competent persons and other resources
(including space) to provide necessary services, support all sites
and initiatives, and to accommodate planned growth.
- Develops, interprets, and implements policies and procedures
that guide and support the provision of services.
- Collaborates effectively with providers to deliver quality care
in a family-centered model in a cost-effective and efficient
manner. Monitors clinical operations and quality improvement
initiatives including compliance with established efficiency
benchmarks including charge capture and delays, RVU productivity,
chart documentation, etc.
- Participates in the organization's service excellence and
continuous improvement mission.
- Responsible for the coordination and integration of
intradepartmental and interdepartmental services
- Communicates with physicians and other providers to determine
effectiveness of the service delivery system of the various
departments that support providers' activity.
- Assures that the provider and administrative leadership of each
of the leaders of the service lines' Division/ programs/areas of
responsibility understand the hospital's programs on Infection
Control, Plant Technology and Safety Management, and Quality
Assurance and Improvement, Patient Safety Initiatives and their
role in each program.
- Communicates effectively with the Service Line Clinical
Leadership, Pediatrics Administrator and Delaware Valley Chief
Operating Officer to review issues and update on progress towards
meeting established personal and Center goals. As appropriate,
identifies problems in the area of responsibility and resolves or
presents recommended actions to Service Line Clinical Leadership,
Department Administrator, and Delaware Valley Chief Operating
Officer in a clear, concise format utilizing cost/benefit
- Human Resources :
- Recruits, employs, evaluates, disciplines, and recommends
salary actions and adjustments for personnel for the units
encompassed by the service lines. Establishes job descriptions and
competency checklists and assures current licensure when necessary
or applicable and takes other personnel actions as required.
- Responsible for the orientation and continuing education of all
persons reporting to the position.
- Assures safe work practices are used by all associates of the
service lines and promotes a positive work attitude within the
department and practice and treats associates with respect, dignity
and fairness while maintaining accountability.
- Assures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
including Joint Commission standards, Federal, State and Local
regulations, Life Safety Code, National Fire Prevention
Association, Office of Human Protection, Americans with
Disabilities Act and Clean Air Act, in areas of
- Research and Education :
- Develops and manages the administrative activities that support
the service lines' academic programs.
- Establishes the administrative infrastructure to support the
development of major Nemours enterprise-wide cancer and
neurosciences research initiatives.
- Foster administrative relationships at Jefferson that support
collaborative clinical and research programs, extramural grant
support, and academic programs.
- Supports integration and alignment of research and academic
programs with clinical operations
- Participates in various committees as required or assigned
- Participates in professional, civic and service organizations
as a representative of the Hospital and Practice.
- Maintain a program of personal, professional growth and
- Assure attendance or online completion of all departmental
personnel in annual hospital training programs as required by Joint
Commission, law, or regulatory authorities, as well as attendance
at departmental meetings.
- Attend monthly meetings as assigned and disseminates
appropriate information to associates.
- Work effectively with all levels of the organization to achieve
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Formal Education, Job Experience
- Master's degree in a business or health administration
discipline is required.
- Relevant experience in the presentation of written and oral
materials, interaction with Senior Administration and Medical Staff
and self-directed project completion are required.
- Demonstrated record of progressively responsible administrative
experience in a tertiary care facility, preferably pediatric or
specialty related .
- Reputation as a change agent with high degrees of influence
regardless of the reporting relationships.
- Demonstrated success with applying performance improvement
methodologies, project team facilitation
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with physicians
and executive administration
Keywords: Nemours, Wilmington , Administrative Director, Service Line-Administration pediatrics, Administration, Clerical , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...