Operations Coordinator - Newspaper Delivery
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Sunday, June 30, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused
media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening
communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national
reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people
monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer
experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY
and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services
companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company
Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Operations Coordinator - Newspaper Delivery
Delaware Online apart of Gannett Publishing Services & USA Today
Open Interviews Every Tuesday 10am to 12pm
Address: 950 w Basin Road, New Castle, Delaware 19720
The Operations Coordinator provides general support for the
circulation department by handling many of the department's weekend
operational needs. This position is responsible for a variety of
tasks and responsibilities within home delivery, but tasks may also
include single copy and non-daily distribution areas. The
Operations Coordinator job duties may entail but are not limited
to: preparing paper work, distribution center coverage,
distributing daily and non-daily products to independent
contractors, clearing outside drop locations and distribution
centers, weekly total market coverage product delivery
verification, re-delivery to retail sales locations, and assisting
in the delivery of non--daily and core products to consumers and
retailers. This individual will conduct themselves in accordance
with company policies and procedures; ensure quality customer
service and professional representation when dealing with
customers, retailers or the general public; use sound judgment and
discretion at all times.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for distribution and handling of daily and
non-daily products to carriers, retailers and consumers. This
position may also assist with delivering open routes for home
delivery, running shortages, delivering missed newspapers, retailer
merchandising checks, etc. as well as disseminating information to
circulation management regarding any carrier or product issues for
- On some occasions, utilize computer systems such as Genesys and
- Keep distribution centers clean and safe, picking up trash and
debris in and around the distribution area daily.
- Assist bundle haulers and carriers with questions and problems
in the absence of a company manager.
- Assist home delivery staff in all aspects of running the
distribution area in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for reporting to management any issues relating to
the distribution center and/or daily activities for the
distribution center such as, contractor pick up times and product
- Conduct weekly Total Market Coverage product verifications by
following the established verification process.
- Ensure adherence to all returns reporting and verification
- Expected to meet regular attendance goals of the company,
relate well with their employees and managers, and perform
according to company expectations.
- Maintain a professional, courteous manner when dealing with
contractors and customers.
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 3 months
- Good time management skills with the ability to perform
assigned tasks efficiently and safely.
- Neat, clean appearance conforming to department policy.
- Has reliable vehicle that may be used to perform duties.
- Ability to read maps, route manifests and conduct route
verification of non-daily product delivery.
- Ability to communicate with contractors, co-workers, company
staff, retailers, and customers.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work and/or drive in all weather environments and
- Ability to effectively receive and relay information and
- Ability to repetitively stoop, bend and walk to distribute
newspapers. May push and pull carts loaded with newspapers and
repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing between 10-20
- Ability to coordinate several tasks simultaneously within a
fast paced environment.
- Ability to function with minimum direct supervision.
- Minimum age requirement of 18 years of age and must have a
valid driver's license, proof of insurance, a good driving record
and must be able to use own vehicle to perform these duties.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug
free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran
Keywords: Gannett, Wilmington , Operations Coordinator - Newspaper Delivery, Advertising , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!