Diesel Truck Mechanic
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: September 16, 2020
Looking for a new career? Join the First Vehicle Services team
as a Heavy Diesel Truck Mechanic!
We provide fleet maintenance service for the City of Wilmington
ASE Certifications Preferred!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on experience & certifications!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid
holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings
- A great work environment!
Heavy Diesel Truck Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting
vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline
Components, Electrical/Electronic Components,
Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor
approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job
Heavy Diesel Truck Technician requirements:
- 3-5 years of direct heavy truck repair experience; Refuse/trash
truck experience preferred.
- Strong vehicle diagnostics skills required
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM
schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a valid driver's license. CDL is preferred.
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet
management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981,
First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and
cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at
governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit
agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations
throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Wilmington , Diesel Truck Mechanic, Engineering , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!