Senior Remediation Engineer
Company: Weston Solutions, Inc.
Location: West Chester
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Weston Solutions, Inc. you will do meaningful work and make
Employee-ownership at Weston is a path to professional growth and
access to diverse opportunities in a highly connected community
that works together across key service areas to make a difference
in the environment. Weston continues to evolve and adapt to our
changing world as a premier provider of environmental and
infrastructure services for over sixty years. In both the public
and private sectors our teams help identify, solve, mitigate and
manage critical environmental issues to help clients achieve a more
Weston Solutions is seeking a Senior Engineer with remediation
engineering experience to develop and implement client-focused
remedial solutions for site closure. The successful candidate will
develop design-build-operate solutions for groundwater treatment,
soil remediation, and vapor intrusion assessment/control. Field
experience with construction, startup, operations, and operations
trouble shooting is required. The position requires strong
analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. We are
looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual
with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be
part of a growing and high performing team.
Location: (Concord, NH) (Edison, NJ) (West Chester, PA) (Mundelein,
IL) (Carlsbad, CA) (Long Beach, CA) (Concord, CA)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science. Master's degree
- 15 to 20 years of experience in the design, construction, and
operation of environmental remediation systems.
- Knowledge and experience in in situ and ex situ soil and
groundwater remediation technologies, and vapor intrusion
assessment/control working with public, government or private
- Knowledge of remediation technologies addressing LNAPL and
DNAPL source zones.
- Successful development and implementation of site closure
strategies working directly with clients.
- Experience with treatment of novel contaminants preferred
including, but not limited to, PFAS and 1,4-dioxane.
- Experience with a variety of contaminants preferred including,
but not limited to, chlorinated solvents, PCBs, gasoline
contaminants, metals, pharmaceuticals, nanomaterials, etc.
- Experience optimizing treatment trains with an eye toward
energy use reduction, changing treatment goals, and other
stakeholder benefits (preferred).
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulatory processes and
reporting (CERCLA, RCRA, CWA, state specific cleanup programs,
- Experience communicating remedial solutions to clients,
regulators, and technical team.
- Experience in developing and implementing site closure
strategies based on available data and recommending additional data
collection to support strategy development.
- Ability to persuasively communicate advantages, disadvantages,
and risks for closure strategies.
- Perform various engineering related calculations and analyses
of information in the application of the basic design criteria
necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Experience procuring and managing construction subcontractors
and equipment suppliers.
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals for
design-build-operate and performance-based remediation site closure
- Able to develop subcontractor scopes, obtain bids from
subcontractors/vendors, evaluate bids and select the preferred
- Able to analyze, interpret and present data and meet time
- Plan, schedule and perform quality control (QC) checks and
- Assists the Project Manager in estimating and tracking project
- Sequences work and schedules staff resources to meet schedules
- Ability to travel to and work at project sites as required to
lead solution development and implementation.
- Assigns tasks to and mentors junior staff including engineers,
scientists, geologists, and technicians.
- Able to work effectively in group settings with diverse team
- Valid driver's license.
- Able to carry out multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Desired, but
not mandatory, qualifications include:
- Experience with federal government clients including but not
limited to the Air Force, Navy, USACE etc.
- PE registration and current NCEES account required or ability
to get these within 1 year.
- Knowledge in the use of CAD programs including Autodesk Civil
3D and AutoCAD.
- These job requirements are not exhaustive and other duties may
be assigned. Weston reserves the right to modify the job
description as needed.
We fully invest in our people: Weston provides a generous,
comprehensive benefits package program that offers employees high
value options with solid financial protection, meeting the personal
needs of its people and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with base and matching employer
- Paid time off to include vacation, sick, holiday and parental
- Life and disability plans.
- Critical illness and accident plans.
- Work/Life flexibility.
- Professional development opportunities.
Keywords: Weston Solutions, Inc., Wilmington , Senior Remediation Engineer, Engineering , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!