Global Packaging Engineer/Scientist (REMOTE POSITION)
Posted on: May 16, 2022
DuPont's Electronics & Industrial (E&I) Leveraged Quality
Organization is seeking a Global Packaging Engineer/Scientist. This
role will support all (3) E&I Businesses: Industrial Solutions,
Interconnect Solutions and Semiconductor.We are seeking a Packaging
Engineer/Scientist who will work closely with DuPont Procurement,
R&D, Operations, Manufacturing Technical and our external
Supply Partners. This position will be responsible to drive
packaging improvements and develop & modify packaging requirements
to meet our ever-changing Customer needs. The Packaging
Engineer/Scientist will tackle critical projects that require
specialized skill-sets or require short-term dedicated resources to
isolate, contain and identify areas for continual improvement in
packaging. He/she will remain current on megatrends in packaging
technology that include sustainability and engineering requirements
to meet global demands and key initiatives while driving cost and
productivity improvements where needed.NOTE: This is a home-based
role so can be worked from anywhere within the U.S. Local
candidates (Delaware and surrounding areas) will work on a hybrid
schedule.Key Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Be seen as a subject-matter-expert in packaging - answer
questions and give guidance on technical solutions related to all
- Lead discrete projects in packaging innovation and provide
recommendations on packaging options/solutions.
- Perform Packaging Specification Reviews and Approvals, where
- Govern Management of Change protocols, requirements (e.g.
Change Management Tools) and tasks to update packaging assemblies.
Assure no changes are occurring to the packaging without
pre-notification and/or qualification.
- Work closely with DuPont Procurement in second sourcing and/or
Supplier tensioning efforts. Visit, on-board and qualify new
strategic packaging manufacturers to improve supply-chain
- Perform analytical, statistical and engineering studies to
support development of improvement in the packaging design and
- Identify packaging improvement opportunities by analyzing data,
gathering voice of customer information and define the problem as
an executable six sigma improvement project.
- Responsible for identifying and implementing new/emerging
packaging technologies that support business goals and objectives.
This includes defining structure for packaging and the
specifications of packaging materials and creating long-term
manufacturing value through new packaging equipment automation
designs and processes.
- Develop a central management system for maintaining up to date
packaging specifications for all packaging elements.
- Modernize the legacy/aged E&I Packaging portfolio's, reduce
SKU proliferation, analyze WHY we use what we use, and propose
sustainable and price-attractive solutions with Procurement
- Support Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for chronic packaging
- Support Supplier Corrective Action Responses (SCAR) for all
Packaging Suppliers, where necessary.
- Work closely with DuPont PS&R and external regulatory
agencies to ensure we meet industry requirements.Required
- B.S in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering; M.S preferred.
- 5+ years previous packaging engineering experience; FDA
- Solid understanding in a variety of packaging technologies in
the industry (e.g. HDPE, Glass, metal, Corrugated, Flexible Film,
- Strong leadership skills, ability to prioritize and manage
multiple tasks in a changing environment to meet challenging
- Ability to champion change in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.Preferred Experience:
- ISO and/or IATF Quality experience.
- Green or Black belt certification.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of UN Dangerous Goods and the
requirement/impacts on packaging.Critical Success Factors & Core
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications and report-writing skills.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve results: a change agent.
Manage through influence to gain alignment and drive execution
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with shifting and competing
priorities. - - -
- Strong teamwork and organization skills.
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodology.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications (Excel,
PowerPoint, Access DB and Word), SharePoint, Salesforce.com, SAP,
LIMS, etc.,---NOTE: Visa sponsorship/support is NOT available for
this position, including any type of U.S. permanent residency
(green card) process, and/or H1-B Visa Renewals, etc.Key reasons
for you to apply: -
- On-going learning and personal development opportunities in a
rewarding work environment.
- Start or continue on a career journey that can span different
businesses, projects and functions with opportunities for personal
and professional growth.
- Additionally, diversity, equity and inclusion are central to
our high-performing culture. -#LI-JH1DuPont is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to
race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status,
disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable
accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our
-.For US Applicants: See the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the
Law" poster at: -For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, -.
Keywords: Dupont, Wilmington , Global Packaging Engineer/Scientist (REMOTE POSITION), Engineering , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!