Company: Richardson Search Company
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Richardson Search company is working with a growing engineering
firm to hire a talented Civil Engineer for their team. They are
seeking a PE level engineer to assist in their continued growth.
Our client is seeking motivated candidates for civil design
projects performed for a variety of public agencies and private
clients. The successful candidate is expected to perform
engineering tasks in the civil engineering field through
application of relevant design criteria and standards, code
requirements, and approval processes. Essential Duties &
- 10 to 15+ years of experience in land development
- Project Management experience required, with experience in
managing and growing a design team preferred.
- Provide detailed design of various land development projects
including residential, commercial, industrial, grading, sediment
and stormwater management and utility design (sewer and
- Ability and knowledge to complete a land development project
from start to finish.
- Prepare written technical proposals, assemble teams to meet
client criteria, and develop professional relationships.
- Prepare contract documents suitable for bidding.
- Perform contract management and billing.
- Work with junior staff on production and assist in their
- Prepare permit applications and pursue approvals.
- Monitor the quality and progress of construction projects.
- Ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are
achieved and maintained.
- Provide expert testimony at public meetings and hearings.
- Strong computer skills are required: MS Outlook, Word, and
Excel. Familiarity with AutoCAD, Carlson Civil, and MS Project are
- Ability to obtain State of Delaware Professional Engineering
license within one year
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of professional experience.
- Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment.
Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon
- Mentor and train staff
- Develop and maintain customer relationships by soliciting
monthly performance feedback, identifying client needs, and
identifying the next project
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Manage work routine of all assigned staff and assign job
activities as required
- Complete other duties as required/assigned
- Report monthly proposal results to Leadership Team
- Attending weekly (or more frequently as necessary) meetings
with project team on all projects/tasks
- Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants
- Deliver all projects on time and within budget while fully
meeting the scope
- Ensure effective use of equipment and personnel
- Meet monthly (or more frequently as necessary) with the Project
Administrator to review project invoices
- Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget
- Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
- Prepare monthly progress reports for all projects
- Prepare monthly project staff utilization plan
- Propose and negotiate scope, schedule and fee estimate for
tasks and projects
- Provide technical project and staff oversight
- Serve as project or task manager on select projects
- Conduct site visits and gather data, including measurements,
sketches, notes and photographs as needed
- Prepare preliminary concept designs and submit for
- Read and interpret technical documents required for project
Keywords: Richardson Search Company, Wilmington , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!