Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
DescriptionTHIS POSITION IS A HYBRID ROLE.
WORK FROM HOME PART OF THE WEEK!
CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE IN SERVICE TERRITORY OF DELAWARE
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for administering facility extension, relocation or
- Perform design work for capital projects, including all
CAD-based construction plan development, gathering of technical
data and all required research for gas distribution and
- Travel to project locations and perform necessary work to
establish alignment, grades, utility locations, cross-sections,
profiles, etc. in order to layout and prepare effective facility
extension and relocation proposals.
- Prepare, review and/or approve permit applications (desktop
based civil and environmental permitting), easement documents, etc.
Prepare, approve and interpret project data and associated cost
- Interact with engineers, contractors and customers in an
advisory and professional manner. Assignments may require
investigation and resolution of a number of variables.
- Administer and coordinate with utilities, consulting engineers
and governmental agencies on roadway, development and capital
- Serves as point of contact with agencies (DelDOT, State
Government, County Government, Municipalities) for project
- Assists Engineering Manager with the oversight of consulting
engineer firms including oversight of project specific design and
- Assists Engineering Manager with the preparation of Request for
Proposals (RFPs) for projects and works with the Engineering
Manager or with Procurement for vendor selection
- Assist with the preparation of project bid documents for
contractors and conduct construction pre-bid meetings.
- Assists Engineering Manager with the creation of required FERC
- Creates project as-built drawings
- Updates and maintains ESNG pressure maps
- Prepares and maintains valve record cards for the ESNG
- Creates Piping and Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs) for
ESNG Operations for commissioning and reinstating
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager,
Internal: This position works with all levels of the local
divisions and the company and acts under the guidance of the
Manager of Engineering.
External: This position may work with outside vendors such as City,
County, State and Federal agencies.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited
four- year college or university required. Engineer-In-Training
(Engineering Intern) Certificate preferred.
- Three years knowledge and experience in engineering and/or
administering construction projects preferred.
- Experience with basic natural gas system projects and
maintenance practices to use in making sound engineering decisions
- General knowledge of federal and state regulatory codes for
natural gas preferred.
- Training and experience with underground utilities required;
Construction, drafting and/or surveying experience is
- Knowledge of materials, software and equipment used for
drafting, surveying, construction and electronic mapping
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Able to think analytically and solve complex problems
- Able to interpret codes, regulations and practices
- Able to process information quickly and effectively manage
- Equally effective working independently or in a team
- Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Office
software and AutoCAD software
- Able to absorb and apply Engineering concepts and
- Able to read and interpret road and construction project
Must have a valid Driver's license and responsible driving
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources
Operations at email@example.com.Qualifications
EducationBachelors of Engineering (required)
ExperienceTraining and experience with underground utilities
required; Construction, drafting and/or surveying is preferred.
Experience with basic natural gas system projects and maintenance
practices to use in making sound engineering decisions preferred.
3 years: Three years knowledge and experience in engineering and/or
administering construction projects preferred. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , Engineer, Engineering , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!