Staff Fluidics Engineer
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: October 10, 2018
- Responsible for quality, timeliness and costs-effectiveness of Fluidics Engineering designs for development projects.
- Actively participates in identification of potential technical problems and provides effective solutions by application of concepts, techniques, knowledge, and processes; display original thinking in applying principles, theories, and concepts on a wide range of problems within the field of Fluidics Engineering.
- Works closely with Mechatronic, Systems, Electrical, Controls, Structural, Thermal, and Software Applications Engineers as well as with Reliability, Test, Manufacturing, and Service Engineers on full integration of Fluidics Engineering into product development.
- Responsible for timely and high quality documentation of design progress, preparation and execution of technical reviews.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts for the Fluidics Engineering function, contributes to development and administration of Process, Practice and Procedures (PPPs) in the area of Fluidics Engineering.
We have a new opening for a Staff Fluidics Engineer (Mechanical) position with a longstanding client; multi-billion global medical instrumentation company. They have strong revenue growth, a stable environment, very low turnover, and offer the opportunity to work on customized, complex medical products that impact people's lives. The products are very complex systems; large instruments with precise components. These instruments have precision drive mechanisms, robotics, sensors, electromechanical components. As it relates to this machinery, Fluidic Engineering includes development of automated systems to transfer and meter precise liquid volumes of patient samples, bulk fluid handling and transfer, thermal control of fluids, liquid mixing, component washing, and instrument waste stream handling.
- Bachelor's required, Master's Degree Desired in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Systems or Biomedical Engineering or similar field.
- Must have 10+ years experience in mechanical engineering with experience in fluid handling, mechanics, or dynamics
- Industry experience should ideally be regulated or tightly controlled (medical, aerospace, aviation, pharm products, automotive; understanding of mechanical design and product development for robust performance with minimized cost and high manufacturability) - medical experience not required
Keywords: Job Juncture, Wilmington , Staff Fluidics Engineer, Engineering , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!