Electronic Security Technician - Fire Specialist (11875)
Company: Securitas Electronic Security
Posted on: March 17, 2019
Securitas Electronic Security (SES) Technology and Solutions groups are experiencing tremendous success, and we currently have several SES Installation Technician openings for team-oriented individuals possessing vocational training in electronics or electromechanical engineering. In this role, you will be responsible for providing service on SES products at customer sites, specializing in commercial fire alarm systems. The position provides customer contact for all post-installation problems on security systems and equipment, as well as, special project work, when needed.
SES is a leading, global provider of integrated security and facility solutions that contain best-in-class products and award-winning services for an organization's unique needs. SES security solutions include product and service outsourcing that integrate cross-disciplinary functions into comprehensive technology-centered customer solutions on a cloud-based platform spanning hardware and software capabilities.
- Services Fire Alarm, Security, CCTV, and Access Control systems.
- Run electrical wiring in attics, crawl spaces, and other confined spaces, which can include drilling, trenching and aerial runs.
- Complete all wiring, connections, and equipment installations ensuring that security systems are complete and satisfy customer and contractual requirements.
- Assists and interfaces with the Installation Team Lead or Project Manager regarding on-site scheduling of work activities and timely delivery of equipment.
- Conducts tests to ensure all newly installed systems and component devices are operational.
- Troubleshoots new system installations to ensure proper functioning and to ensure system meets local, county, state or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Presents a professional image both in personal and vehicle appearance.
- Performs work assignments in a safe manner and within specified cost limits.
- Promotes, builds, and maintains good customer relations and assists with contract retention.
- Maintains company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handles proprietary information in the prescribed manner; adheres to and supports Securitas Electronic Security policies and procedures including all safety requirements.
- Keeps abreast of changes and new developments in products and technology. Attends and completes training programs as requested. Education/Experience:
- MUST HOLD 3 or more years experience installing and/or servicing intrusion, fire alarm, access control, and CCTV security systems.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational/Technical Degree in electrical, security, or computer systems preferred
- NICET Certification preferred
- Lenel, Pro-Watch, Software House, Picture Perfect certifications preferred
- Bosch, Honeywell, Radionics, or DMP system knowledge preferred
- Edwards/EST, Simplex, or GE/Mirtone system knowledge preferred
- IP Video and IT experience preferred
- Climb ladders that extend up to 24 ft. in height
- Carry items up to 75 pounds
- Ability to work on-call on a rotational basis covering after hours & weekend emergency calls.
- A valid state driver s license, without restrictions, is required. Benefits:
- Highly competitive salary
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term Disability
- 401K with 60% Match
- Paid vacation, holiday, sick, and personal days
- Educational Assistance
- Exceptional growth opportunities Securitas Electronic Security is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: cable, capacitor, electric, harness, journeyman electrician, plc, satellite, solar, transformer, wire
Keywords: Securitas Electronic Security, Wilmington , Electronic Security Technician - Fire Specialist (11875), Engineering , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!