Associate Director, Market Access Strategy - Renal
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Are you an experienced Market Access professional looking to be
part of a company that follows the science and turns ideas into
life changing medicines? If youre passionate about what science can
do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover
what you can do join us.
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life-changing medicines. Working
here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working
together to make the impossible a reality. Were focused on the
potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around
the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can change
the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As an Associate Director Market Access, Renal in Wilmington, DE,
youll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities
to make a positive impact on changing patients lives. U.S.
Commercial is the face of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare
clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and
respected products in the industry and build strong relationships
with healthcare professionals.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, you will be responsible for
implementing the Renal Cardio access strategies. You will
contribute to the development and implementation of a communication
strategy and support negotiations with national payers, regional
payers, and retail chains. You will develop and manage
affordability strategies and programs. Finally, you will develop
insights and recommendations on access and affordability message to
support the overall HCP & Consumer communication strategy and
What youll do:
- You will be responsible for working closely with the Marketing,
Sales, Medical Affairs, and Insight teams to ensure seamless
customer experience and alignment toward the overall brand
- Collaborates with cross-functional team (Marketing, Insights,
Medical Affairs, AZ Patient Services) as well as Market Access
customer-facing teams to identify rich market insights across
patients, providers, and payers to inform comprehensive market
access strategies and aligned messaging across segments.
- Work closely with Director of Market Access Strategy Renal to
align on core strategy, tactics and deliverables.
- Works collaboratively with the National and Regional Payer
teams, HSAT, Channel and National Account Team-Dialysis to partner
on contracting and other business opportunity pull
- Works with NAT-Dialysis to evaluate dialysis provider channels
to understand the distribution model and impact on the
- Develops customer educational training around affordability
programs to ensure vendor policy compliance with dialysis
- Develops compelling and differentiated product value
propositions and builds associated customer education
- Partners with Contracting Strategy to develop effective payer
communications that achieve access and contribution goals.
- Leads in the design and implementation of affordability
programming that ensures patient access while carefully stewarding
brand budget and gross to net impact.
- Develops pharmacy engagement and distribution strategies and
tactics that support the overall access strategy.
- Effectively manages agency relationships ensuring promotional
programs are delivered on-time and within budget
- Develops and manages associated budgets in compliance with AZ
finance and accounting requirements
- Performs all company business in accordance with regulations
and company policies and procedures.
Essential for the role:
- Bachelors Degree required. MBA Preferred
- Managed care/payer experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience within the
pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical market including payer marketing,
brand marketing, market research, account management, and/or field
- Strong understanding of the US market access landscape and the
legal/regulatory environment for
- Ability to think strategically and to translate strategy into
tactical implementation and to motivate people to execute on
- Teamwork and leadership skills, including the ability to gain
consensus and act within an ambiguous, complex matrix
- Results oriented with excellent communication and collaboration
- Thorough understanding of customer and industry marketing
practices and trends
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally (up to
Desirable for the role:
- Renal Experience (non-dialysis)
- Dialysis Center Experience
- MBA in relevant field
- Experience developing and executing strategy
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it
and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small,
can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing
medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments
and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building
a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a
bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means were opening new ways
to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected
teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, whats next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because
we cant wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
Keywords: AstraZeneca, Wilmington , Associate Director, Market Access Strategy - Renal, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!