Director of Surgical and Anesthesia Services
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Description - Director of Surgical and Anesthesia Services
(3145676) Director of Surgical and Anesthesia Services - ( 3145676
) The Director of Perioperative Services is accountable for the
overall administration and organization of Perioperative Services
including Endoscopy, Same Day Surgery, Pain Clinic, Operating
Rooms, and Sterile Processing. Strategically plans, creates,
directs and monitors the infrastructure to support a successful
department. Plans and directs the clinical and business aspects of
all programs offered by the department including financial
management, marketing, human resources, productivity, short and
long range planning. This role assumes 24/7 responsibility for
efficient, effective and safe care with a strong focus on quality,
outcomes, patient and medical staff satisfaction. Essential
- Promotes the mission, vision, and the values of the
- Demonstrates effective communication, consultation,
negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the Surgical
Services team and other stakeholders. Conveys information clearly
and effectively, actively and respectfully listens; identifies
viewpoints; seeks to incorporate the ideas of others; adapts
written and oral style to fit the audience; strives to enhance
- Uses project management principals and problem solving skills
to attain goals surrounding quality outcomes.
- Assesses and responds appropriately to organizational
- Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and
confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Demonstrates competency in covering for lunches, breaks and
running the OR board as needed.
- Maintains visibility with staff, Surgeons and anesthesia.
- Leads team to outcomes which support the advancement of WDH's
and nursing's strategic plan, quality improvement, and financial
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback
from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements
solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Responds to and investigates all variance reports involving
perioperative departments and processes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates an orientation toward achievement and professional
growth and actively seeks and initiates self-improvement through
continuing education, and/or participation in work projects that
offer developmental challenges and participation in a professional
- Accountable for business operations and responsible for meeting
the financial and budget targets in Surgical Services.
- Develops effective and efficient processes maximizing the value
of care delivery.
- Incorporates and assists Surgical Services personnel with
assimilating evidence-based standards into decisions for the
provision of safe patient care.
- Verifies that educational resources are available for Surgical
Services team education and holds OR personnel accountable for
attendance at educational sessions.
- Ensures care that conforms to accepted practice standards.
- Initiates, makes timely and effective recommendations and/or
approves personnel action, including, but not limited to hiring,
conducting on time performance evaluations, transferring,
suspending, discharging, assigning, rewarding, disciplining or
adjusting of grievances involving assigned personnel. Annual
departmental voluntary turnover is managed and addressed
- Appropriately recommends a sufficient number of qualified and
competent persons to provide care/service and assures the
qualifications and competence of those staff members.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional care givers and
provides those care givers with an environment that fosters
excellence through continuous learning.
- Provides daily, just -in-time feedback to improve performance
and self-esteem of staff, tracking coaching discussions and actual
performance to ensure accountability.
- Manages people and resources to ensure safe and efficient
patient care operations.
- Effectively analyzes and recommends equipment and
- Promotes inter and intra departmental collaborations, nurtures
relationships with others, and is viewed positively by co-workers.
Responds appropriately to negativity and seeks to promote
understanding and mutual achievement of goals.
- Assures timely compliance with all required reports.
- Prepares department operating and capital budget working within
established budgetary guidelines.
- Assures that the department's weekly payroll is completed
accurately and submitted on time.
- Follows-up with non compliant issues identified in Environment
of Care Safety Rounds within 2 weeks.
- Manages, supervises or coordinates people and promotes programs
for clinical and professional development of staff with cost
effective patient care.
- Provides oversight and direction in the design of patient care
delivery methods that promote positive patient outcomes and cost
- Supports and promotes a professional practice model in which
patient needs for care are identified, a comprehensive plan of care
is developed, competent and compassionate/individualized care is
provided to patient/family.
- Determines nursing care requirements, responding to fluctuating
acuity/census assuring provision of safe, quality nursing care on a
24 hour basis.
- Ensures compliance with clinical patient care standards and
- Collaborates with the CNS to identify learning needs of staff,
designs training/continuing education for staff, evaluates outcome
of educational activities on the unit(s) in collaboration with
- Serves as a mentor to staff by responding positively to change,
facilitating communication & transition that supports the mission
of the organization.
- Participates in the development of the clinical areas'
strategic & operational plans.
- Provides assistance/direction with other projects as delegated
by A. V.P. of Surgical and Outpatient Services Experience Minimum
- Five years varied OR experience.
- Two years of management or specialty team leader experience
- Experience in Ambulatory Surgery Center. Education Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Basic computer skill, (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Masters degree in nursing, business, or other related
- MSN preferred on in progress.
- Advanced computer skills, (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel
Training Minimum Required
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current registered nurse licensure in state of employment.
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR). Licensure and/or
- Registered Nurse License Licensure and/or
- CNOR Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals
----The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Wilmington , Director of Surgical and Anesthesia Services, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!