Director of Acquisitions + Partnerships
Company: Heart + Paw
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Director of Acquisitions + PartnershipsEast Coast, US
Heart + Paw is looking for a Director of Acquisitions +
Partnerships who will build strong relationships with veterinary
owners looking to sell their practice and associate veterinarians
looking to purchase and lead existing practices or build and Co-own
a de novo practice from the ground up with Heart + Paw. In this
role, you will engage with like-minded veterinary owners and
entrepreneurs to develop creative deal structures to achieve their
short and long-term career objectives. You will be responsible for
the entire M&A process, from sourcing to executing the legal
documents. In addition, you will work with the Heart + Paw
executive team on the investment thesis and integration playbook
The ideal candidate has worked in the veterinary industry, has
sales experience, is personable, likable, able to build
relationships, trust, and is a good communicator. In addition, they
understand what makes a veterinary practice tick, has an
understanding of a Profit and Loss statement, an understanding of
business valuation and deal structures.
Responsibilities for a Director of Acquisitions + Partnerships
Prospect Sales + Relationship Building
- Self-starter: Prospect veterinary practice + pet resort owners
through visits, cold calling, emailing, and sending handwritten
cards and H+P informational packets.
- Relationship building by offering a consultative approach to
the practice performance. Visit hospital after hours and further
build the relationship through spending time with the seller and
- Documentation: Update Salesforce lead information throughout
the day as information is gathered through phone conversations and
- Work with Brokers on listings that fit the H+P strategy. Remain
persistent on receiving the requested information. Follow up with
phone calls and e-mails as needed to gather information.
- Persistence: consistent follow-up to keep leads warm.
- Critical thinking: Independently be able to think about
creative deal structures and ways to make deals a win-win for all
- Attention to detail.
Investment Thesis + Offer Process
- Create an investment thesis and 5-year financial projection for
each acquisition. Thinking through growth levers and margin
- Present the offer to the seller & lead negotiations.
- Work with outside legal counsel to negotiate legal documents
from LOI to closing.
Due Diligence + Team Communication
- Lead the financial and operation Due diligence and work with
the operations and finance team to create a transition plan.
- Create and present PowerPoint partnership kickoff presentation
and deal closing timeline to the seller.
- Communicate the benefits of the partnership at staff
announcement and work with team members to ease any concerns.
Teamwork, Communication + Multitasking
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to help out all H+P
- Be able to handle pressure and a heavy workload.
- Be able to multitask prospecting effectively, financial
analysis, visits, due diligence, legal, 6-8 deal closing a year,
and post-closing follow up on previous 24-month deals.
- Clearly communicate with peers and superiors on tasks,
challenges, and ask for assistance.
- 2-5+ years experience in the veterinary industry
- External sales experience
- Bachelor's degree with a preference of post graduate
- Have an in-depth understanding and knowledge of financial
statements and financial accounting and investment returns
- Ability to financial model in excel
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- Have a can do attitude
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Willingness to manage and mentor team members as the Business
Development team grows
- Ability to travel up to 50-60%
- Willing to meet sellers on weekends if needed
- This position will be remote
- Located on the East Coast from Florida to New England.
Preferable near a central transit hub for easy access to
Expected compensation $100-110K base plus per deal bonus of up to
$12k per deal. (Once ramped, a successful Director should be able
to close 6-8 deals per year.)
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups
to apply.by Jobble
Keywords: Heart + Paw, Wilmington , Director of Acquisitions + Partnerships, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!