Staff Accountant/Client Manager
Company: M&T Bank
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview: Supports all accounting-related activities, projects,
analysis and/or conversions for an assigned area outside Finance. -
Responsible for development and management of operational
accounting control functions in support of the Bank's accounting
systems, including maintaining accounting entry flow process to
support accurate and timely reconciliation of all general ledger
accounts and internal and/or external reporting of financial
information and regulatory reporting. -Independently leads projects
within the department and/or represents the department in
cross-functional, high visibility projects involving business
partners outside of the department. -
- Support the monthly closing of the general ledger for an
assigned area outside Finance, including analyzing and interpreting
account fluctuations and monthly/quarterly reporting (could include
- Develop monthly variance analysis, reconciliations, tests of
accounting data integrity, and work paper reviews.
- Review accounting transaction documentation for completeness
and accuracy; research and resolve account variances.
- Provide guidance to less experienced personnel; may provide
input to the annual review process for them.
- Drive the improvement and implementation of existing processes
and new processes related to the accounting for various products
that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the
- Support the integration of acquired portfolios to the Bank's
- Support creation of business requirements documents and
functional requirements as well as test and implement these new
- Conduct highly technical accounting-based research and analysis
projects to provide management with definitive financial data and
advice for their use.
- Participate in interpreting and analyzing financial information
and presenting results and recommendations.
- Participate in special projects related to accounting,
financial reporting, regulatory reporting, and/or policy and
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory
standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's
Risk Appetite. - Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the
M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely
implementation of internal and external audit points together with
any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Scope of Responsibilities:The position works independently under
general supervision as well as a member of a project team. - This
position has interaction with internal Bank business partners as
well as internal and external auditors with support of more
experienced personnel on more complex issues.
Supervisory/Managerial Responsibilities:Not Applicable
Education and Experience Required:Bachelor's degree in Accounting,
or related field with significant Accounting coursework and a
minimum of 2 years accounting, audit and/or financial institution
experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 6 years
higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 2
years accounting, audit and/or financial institution
experienceStrong personal computer skills with a thorough knowledge
of pertinent spreadsheet, word processing and database software as
required by assigned areaThorough knowledge and application of GAAP
(Generally Accepted Accounting) PrinciplesStrong interpersonal
skillsExperience setting an example for others
Education and Experience Preferred:Master's degree in Business
Administration (MBA)Certified Public Accountant (CPA)Minimum of 2
years bank operations accounting experience
#LI-LP1#WTLocationWilmington, Delaware, United States of
Keywords: M&T Bank, Wilmington , Staff Accountant/Client Manager, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!