Store Manager in Training - (Wilmington, DE)
Company: Wills Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Bench Store Manager
Centre Rd Dash In, 1001 Centre Rd, Wilmington, Delaware, United
States of America Req
Friday, July 15, 2022
Have you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to
Work Certified ! We re proud of this achievement and our people who
make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people
Dash In is currently seeking a Bench Store Manager with prior food
experience to join our Dash In team in our Delaware region! As a
Bench Store Manager at Dash In, a Wills Group Company, you will be
supporting the Southern Maryland region and working in
collaboration with the management team until a vacant store manager
position becomes available. You will also help lead the business
strategically and grow best in industry customer service. We aren t
like other convenience stores - with us you won t just be serving
our amazing customers (we think so anyway) with great food and
fuel, you ll also get to work with energetic people and have great
fun while doing it!
Learn, Grow, Lead With Us
We believe the success of our company lies in the depth and
durability of our employees and is why we are committed to
continued learning and advancement for all employees. We are proud
to offer a flexible job that empowers you with the skill to be a
professional, from working with diverse teams and customers to
building the foundation for your future. Every day, we are leading
in our community, being responsible neighbors and focused on doing
what is good for the environment and our neighborhood, not just our
At Dash In, we re not only redefining the convenient store
experience, we re also offering the perfect mix of ingredients to
create the career you always wanted.
Our mission to fuel the everyday journeys of our customers starts
with hardworking people like you - who want to provide great
service, enjoyable experiences, and embark on a journey to develop
their own career. How far you go is up to you. From the moment you
start, we re here to help you grow from a valuable team member to
leading a team of your own. And along the way, we ll reward you
with a salary and benefits to match.
Benefits and Perks
Life at Dash In has many perks. We work hard to ensure every team
member lives life to the fullest outside the store. We fully
believe that when we support and encourage one another, our
customer and stores benefit greatly. We take pride in investing in
our people s well-being. That s why we back our words with
competitive total rewards packages.
Benefits for full-time store managers:
- Bonus - 10% annual company bonus opportunity
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off - Including 3 weeks of vacation, 6 days
of sick leave, 4 personal days
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Community Engagement - 2 paid community service days each
- Education - 100% tuition reimbursement for eligible
- Healthcare - Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans with
an option for health savings account
- Paid Parental Leave - Paid leave for new dads and moms
- Insurance - Pet insurance, basic life insurance, and short term
Additional benefits for all employees:
- Financial Well-being - Enrollment into employer 401(k) at 60
days of employment with a company match up to 7%
- Career Growth - Advancement opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic
- Training & Development - Extensive training and management
development programs to grow your career
- Employee Discounts - Free coffee & fountain beverages, plus
discounts on fresh food & car washes
- Competitive Pay - competitive pay matched to our
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates Excellent Guest Experience
- Creates and consistently models a guest-centric culture within
the store emphasizing the CARES model.
- Partners with the Assistant Store Manager, Supervisor, Sales
Associates, and Vendors to ensure the appropriate level of
in-stocks at all times.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and inviting environment throughout
the site at all times.
- Ensures customers needs are met quickly, efficiently, and
accurately in all areas of the facility.
- Builds Teams and Leaders
- Creates an environment of diversity and inclusion within the
- Energetically recruits and selects the best candidates for
staffing the store.
- Drives a robust training program in accordance with company
- Directly coaches and develops the team providing meaningful
insights, candid feedback and clear direction.
- Grows Sales and Manages Inventory
- Grows top line Sales through proper order execution of brand
- Ensures all deliveries are properly received and processed both
timely & accurately.
- Drives profitability through strict financial controls
including margin attainment, inventory losses, and labor and
- Supervises and partners with audit teams to ensure accurate
merchandise counts are recorded.
- Operates Store with Brand and Procedure Excellence
- Ensures the site meets Dash In Brand Standards and is prepared
at all times for both Mystery Shop (ACL) and Brand MMP
- Ensures the business day is properly reconciled, processed, and
closed daily to include lottery, money order, pre-pay phone, and
car wash where applicable.
- Ensures the store is adequately staffed at all times by
executing the Employee Schedule Process at least two weeks in
- Leads Food Safety and Food Operations
- Vigorously maintains Food Safety and Sanitation standards.
- Protects food margins through consistent PAR execution.
- Ensures all Sales Associates (Food) have been Serve Safe
- Drives food sales by becoming an expert in food operations.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 2 year college
- 3-5 year experience in retail store management
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communications
- Must be an excellent organizer and problem solver with project
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate with
confidence to both internal and external customers
- Utilize basic business math and accounting skills, computer
skills, analytical and decision-making skills
- Travel to corporate headquarters for training events is
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and holidays based on
- ServSafe Certified preferred; or able to become ServSafe
Certified and maintain certification
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs
- Ability to lift, bend and stand as many as eight hours per
Wills Group is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
Wills Group strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that
end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all
new Wills Group employees. Documentation of the first dose will be
required prior to employee s first day of work, with the second
dose being obtained within 30 days. Additionally, booster doses are
required by March 1, 2022, for those eligible to receive them.
Wills Group makes reasonable accommodations for qualified
applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or
other conditions protected by applicable law
- Job Family Retail Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $56,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Required Education High School
Keywords: Wills Group, Wilmington , Store Manager in Training - (Wilmington, DE), Executive , Middletown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!