Control Management Specialist - Evidence Based Control Evaluation
Company: Wells Fargo
Posted on: August 7, 2022
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put
our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking
candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.Help us build a
better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all
begins with you. About this role: Wells Fargo is seeking a Control
Management Specialist supporting our Consumer Lending group.This
role is part of the Evidence Based Control Evaluation (EBCE) team
that evaluates whether controls are well designed and operating
effectively. Our approach is tailored based on Risk and Control
Self-Assessment (RCSA) and supports proactive risk management in
alignment with the Risk Management Framework. We perform
evidence-based control evaluations which involve sampling and
inspecting evidence to assess the design and operating
effectiveness of controls and whether they are mitigating their
assigned risks. In this role, you will:
- Participate in mitigating current and emerging risk exposures
associated with the activities and operations of the assigned
business group, and identify opportunity for process improvements
within the scope of defined business control responsibilities.
- Review and analyze basic business challenges that require
research, evaluation, and selection of alternatives.
- Develop and implement risk monitoring, risk reporting
processes, and controls while evaluating and reporting results
- Present recommendations for resolving complex situations and
exercise independent judgment while developing Control Management
functional area expertise.
- Provide support in the interpretation of policy, guidelines,
and governance programs as front line liaison to Independent Risk
- Collaborate and consult with Control Management team and key
stakeholders, including internal customers. Required
- 2+ years of Risk Management or Control Management experience,
or Financial Services industry experience, or equivalent
demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work
experience, training, military experience, education. Desired
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other
business and functional areas.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement
solutions, and influence change.
- Ability to develop and negotiate solutions to issues with
partners or clients including escalations as needed.
- Ability to identify gaps through risk-based testing.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and
work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative,
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Familiar with risk types, methodologies, and frameworks for
evaluating or testing controls and assessing results, conducting
research, and identifying control deficiencies.
- Audit or internal controls assessment experience.
- Experience creating and executing control evaluation test
scripts to assess the design and performance of internal
- Ability to critically assess controls under evaluation to
adequately mitigate risk and enhance the risk management
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
- A BS/BA degree or higher. Job expectations:
- Executes control evaluations in an effective manner.
- Completes control evaluations on schedule.
- Raises schedule delays to the control evaluation lead.
- Escalates any potential control gaps discovered during the
completion of the control evaluation to a control evaluation lead,
and follow through on reporting, escalation, and resolution.
- Completes applicable documentation under limited supervision
and in accordance with requirements.
- Interfaces internally within the bank regarding business risk
management (There will be limited to no external interaction)
- Works with supervision; (does not manage other team
- The role may also include other responsibilities. Office
- 800 S JORDAN CREEK PKWY West Des Moines IA
- 250 E John Carpenter Frwy Irving TX
- 2800 S Price Rd Bldg D Chandler
- 550 S 4th St Minneapolis MN
- 2200 Concord Pike Wilmington DE
- 401 S Tryon St Charlotte NC
- 3476 STATEVIEW BLVD LAKEMONT EAST B Fort Mill SC We Value
Diversity At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and
inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications
for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race,
color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information,
individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as
a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable
law. Employees support our focus on building strong customer
relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and
compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those
disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and
company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk
programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory
Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to
applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately
fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective
escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk
decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance,
risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk
decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and
all risk and compliance program requirements. Candidates applying
to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Candidates
applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for
employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including
women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible
minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is
available upon request in connection with the recruitment
Keywords: Wells Fargo, Wilmington , Control Management Specialist - Evidence Based Control Evaluation, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!