Company: Johnson Service Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Johnson Service Group (JSG) is currently looking for a
Purchasing Manager with Capital Projects experience. This is a
contract opportunity with a world leading organization located in
Wilmington DE. Description Procurement professional experienced in
developing and executing global equipment and services category
strategies and individual project procurement plans in support of
capital projects and Operations. Leads collaboration with project
teams, technical disciplines, and functional leaders to create
sourcing strategies in alignment with business objectives. Pursues,
qualifies, and onboards key suppliers who meet company
requirements. Leads teams through supplier selection, contract
development and supplier negotiations. Oversees procurement
activity executed by the outsourced Capital Procurement team to
ensure alignment with project objectives and compliance with
corporate strategies. Drives procurement category cost structure
transformation, continuous improvement and other key objectives
through Procurement best practices, such as Supplier Relationship
Management (SRM). The position requires strong client engagement to
understand stakeholder requirements. Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage multiple capital procurement categories in support of
- Liaison to outsourced Capital Procurement team: establish
metrics, ensure team is meeting objectives, troubleshoot and help
with supplier issues & negotiations when needed.
- Demonstrate leadership in client engagement and partnerships
with internal stakeholder communities to understand requirements
and collaborate on solutions.
- Lead supplier relationship management initiatives to drive
delivery of best in class performance and innovative products and
- Drive the use of traditional and advanced category strategies
and sourcing tools to optimize the procurement process and add
- Negotiate and deliver savings to meet business requirements and
procurement organization objectives.
- Understand the business capital forecast, project objectives,
and translation to effective procurement strategies.
- Engage in dispute resolution and continuous improvement
processes. Lead negotiations with suppliers when required.
- Manage communications with suppliers and serve as a key point
of contact for Businesses, Engineering and Operations on
contractual matters. Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Strong understanding of the capital project process and capital
procurement best practices, policies and procedures.
- Requires strong client engagement to understand stakeholder
- Proven skills in influence management at all levels outside the
- Demonstrated adherence to all Core Values. Qualifications:
- Bachelor???s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, or
related curriculum (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Capital project experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt is preferred.
- Proficient in use of personal computers and MS Office (Outlook,
Excel, Word, Power-point). Advanced excel skills preferred.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Strong negotiation, organization and management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence people at
all levels and varied cultures.
- Detail oriented, data driven, demonstrated analytical
capabilities. Johnson Service Group, Inc. (JSG) is a North American
leader in the staffing and consulting services industry, with over
35 years of experience investing in people and companies. Johnson
Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides
equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital
status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Keywords: Johnson Service Group, Wilmington , Purchasing Manager, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!