Director of Nursing
Company: Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown
Posted on: September 24, 2022
"Looking for a career with a purpose? Join our family!"
Harrison Senior Living has been awarded the "GREAT PLACE TO WORK!"
through the Activated Insights - Survey Group. 74% of our employees
say this is a great place to work!
At Harrison Senior Living we are dedicated to providing our
residents with the very best in independent senior care and
assisted living so their families can have peace of mind. Our
home-like atmospheres offer a comfortable environment with the
security of knowing that exceptional care is being given at all
Harrison House of Georgetown is a 139-bed skilled nursing facility
located in the heart of Sussex County in Georgetown, Delaware.
Family owned and operated, we take extra pride and care in the
services delivered to our residents. We believe exceptional patient
care comes naturally when our staff feels respected and valued.
Covid vaccination required.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, organizing,
developing, and directing the overall operation of the Nursing
Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations. This position is also
responsible for ensuring that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
The responsibilities below are a summary of the requirements for
this position and do not reflect all necessary tasks for the
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
nursing services department in accordance with current rules,
regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care
- Directs, oversees, and evaluates all nursing personnel.
- Develop, maintain, a periodically update written policies and
procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Participate in developing, maintaining, and periodically updating
written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials, manuals,
objections, and philosophies.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the
Administrator, as necessary concerning the operation of the nursing
- Ensure that the nursing services manuals are always current and
reflect the day-to-day operations and procedures at the
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other
resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents' total
regimen of care.
- Participate in facility surveys made by authorized government
agencies and subsequent corrections to identified areas.
- Participate in QAPI establish objectives and goals and to develop
and implement appropriate performance improvement plans.
- Oversee Infection Control and Staff Education.
- Direct the staffing needs of the community to include oversight
of the Scheduler, recruitment and retention.
- Evaluate staff performance and document timely.
- Provide the Administrator with information relative to the
nursing needs of the resident and the nursing service department's
ability to meet those needs.
- Make rounds with physicians, as necessary. Schedule physician
visits, as necessary.
- Schedule daily rounds to observe residents and to determine if
nursing needs are being met in accordance with the resident's
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure that
medications are being administered as ordered and that treatments
are provided as scheduled.
- Collaborate with other professionals, including physicians and
the Medical Director.
- Manage and control departmental budget.
- Leads and coordinates the admission and discharge process to
ensure a seamless transition.
- Oversees the Grievance process to ensure that concerns are
resolved with a mutually agreeable outcome.
Education and Qualifications:
- A degree in Nursing from an accredited school required.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice
as a Registered Nurse in Delaware.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years of experience as a DON in a
long-term care facility.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
Keywords: Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown, Wilmington , Director of Nursing, Executive , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!