Catering Manager - Dover
Company: KLM Careers
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Catering Manager - Dover
Dover, DE 19903
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a
difference in the communities we serve!
The client is seeking a Catering Manager for Delaware State
University located in Dover, DE. In this role, the Catering Manager
will have oversight of events ranging from casual catering to
high-end events and will bring innovative ideas to the execution of
these events while partnering closely with the Executive Chef and
clients. The ability to drive sales and identify areas for growth
is paramount. The successful candidate will identify customer needs
and expectations, ensure that the company and customer goals are
aligned and met, educate, and develop rapport with clients and
promote partnerships while striving to exceed customer and client
Day to day coordination of all unit catering, maintain and improve
service level resulting in increased customer satisfaction, ensure
all safety standards are followed and demonstrates resourcefulness
and quick responsiveness to client and customer requests.
The successful candidate will:
- identify customer needs and expectations;
- ensure that their and customer goals are aligned and met;
- educate and develop rapport with clients and promote
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to
exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth
and track results.
- maintain and improve service level resulting in increased
- ensure all HAACP standards are followed; and/or
- demonstrate resourcefulness and quick responsiveness to client
and customer requests.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement
leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and
the ability to work collaboratively
- Have a strong background in safety and sanitation
- Manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional
communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional
responsibilities as needed
- Extensive formal training in Catering services, with particular
emphasis on customer service, event planning and presentation, and
- Strong focus on food quality and presentation as well as high
end catering experience
- Strong leadership skills, computer skills, culinary knowledge
and food/beverage cost controls.
- Experience in diverse culinary functions, food and labor cost
control, food safety and sanitation
- Technical competence in unit financial management, pricing,
menu development and will be responsible for the training and
development of front line hourly employees and managers.
- Superior interpersonal skills and have the ability to develop
and maintain professional, positive working relationships with
multiple clients, liaisons, customers, employees, supervisors and
- Effective communication skills and will be able to articulate
ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all
levels of client and their organizations.
- Exceptional time management skills and will be able to juggle
- Ability to enhance the learning environment on campus through
world-class food service
Provides supervision for catering services at an account/unit to
ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Oversees
a highly complex and high volume of catering sales and functions in
excess of $1.5M in managed catering volume.
Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution
through the implementation of services and creation of
opportunities for growth. Plans projects, including defining
objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and
their strategic plan.
- Oversight of their resources, recipes, systems and use of
catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food
production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference
services. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and
resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and
deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both
food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and
their standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e.
labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing
activities, and monitoring operating standards
1. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
2. 3 years Management Experience
3. 3 years of experience in catering, food production, or food
service management or a related field
4. Have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance - a
5. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Keywords: KLM Careers, Wilmington , Catering Manager - Dover, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!