Director of Worship
Company: Reformed Theological Seminary
Posted on: November 25, 2022
The director of worship will lead and equip the congregation in
worshiping God privately and corporately, and assist the pastoral
staff with ministry according to the applicant's abilities,
passions, and experience.Job Responsibilities:
- Lead worship regularly through music and liturgy.
- Prepare, in consultation with preaching pastors, order of
worship for services that reflect our multiethnic vision and
philosophy of worship.
- Oversee worship teams, worship band, choir, orchestra (directly
or through volunteer and/or paid part time directors).
- Oversee process of finding congregational songs that both
adults and children can learn and sing confidently.
- Oversee and coordinate with other ministry teams and leaders
for worship, children to adults.
- Promote and involve diversity (age, gender, ethnicity) in
appropriate ways in corporate worship services (e.g. praying,
reading Scripture, testimonies, singing) under the supervision of
the Session.General Responsibilities:
- Staff and team meetings.
- Other ministerial duties as needed and guided by the senior
pastor.Position Qualifications:Required qualifications:
- Believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and has a growing
personal relationship with God.
- Aligns with Grace's multiethnic vision and actively pursues to
practice it through ministry, aligns with the philosophy of
worship/music, andis theologically reformed.
- Ability to play and lead confidently in various styles
including CCM, gospel, and traditional hymns.
- Competency in basic music administration (scheduling,
maintaining music usage records, annual budget preparation,
- Relational and easy to approach, possesses good team leading
and communication skills, and willing to submit to the
- Ability to write arrangements of songs in styles appropriate to
our vision and suited to the skill level of available
- Ability to disciple and mentor musicians and singers with
regard to skills development.
- Proficiency in computers and experience with IT.
- Ordained in the PCA or willing to pursue ordination.Our church
is located in Dover, DE and has enjoyed God's blessings for many
years. We are now in a season of transition with three of our
pastors retiring within the last 2 years, and are looking for the
next generation of leaders that will continue God's work at Grace.
We are a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA) and
hold to reformed theology. We adhere to the Westminster Confessions
of Faith and Larger and Shorter Catechisms. To learn more about our
church please visit our website: www.gracedover.com .We are a
church whose highest priority is to unite people from all nations
in the worship of God. Our vision is to reach people of all ethnic
backgrounds and social classes. We want everyone to hear the good
news of reconciliation with God and with each other through Jesus
Christ. We believe that the power of that good news is seen by
bringing people together across the lines of race and class to
worship and follow Jesus. The love of Christ brings healing in our
relationship with God and with one another, and it unifies us to
worship Him together. In this worship, our lives are enriched
through the diversity of ethnicities, cultures, and backgrounds.
But it goes beyond worship: we also learn and grow together; we
share our everyday lives together; and then we go back out to love
and serve our community with the Gospel.
Keywords: Reformed Theological Seminary, Wilmington , Director of Worship, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!