Governmental Affairs Manager
Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: January 25, 2023
DescriptionPosition: Governmental Affairs Manager
Hybrid Remote, located within Dover, DE or Salisbury, MD
What makes us great:
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy
that drives progress. We put people first, work to keep them safe
and build trusting relationships.
What you'll be working on...
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with federal, state,
and local elected officials in Maryland.
- Developing governmental relationships with other utility
companies, agencies, and associations.
- Participating in the communication of the natural gas advocacy
- Responsibility for maintaining the governmental/political and
community outreach strategy playbook plan and assignments.
- Responsibility for research of political environments ahead of
- Drafting and monitoring business, energy and regulatory
legislation impacting Chesapeake.
- Providing legislative support for new business and regulatory
initiatives, as needed.
- Attending political and other activities in our service
- Drafting and making presentations on legislative
- Performing all other duties as assigned by the Governmental
- Internal: In this role you will work will all levels of the
Company, acting under the guidance of the Governmental Affairs
Director and working closely with Chesapeake's Business Unit
- External: You will work with outside vendors such as external
lobbyists, legal counsel, and political contacts.
Who you are...
- You have a minimum of three to five years of political
experience, lobbying, or communications experience. Utility and
regulatory experience a plus.
- You have a four-year degree, preferably in Political Science,
Communications or Business related major.
- You are very comfortable with public speaking.
- You have a high level of initiative and
- You are able to respond creatively to unique
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication
- You have a high level of analytical skills.
- You are knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite
- You have the ability to travel to receive training in relevant
- You are willing to travel within the states of Maryland,
Delaware, Florida or other locations, as warranted.
- You are willing to attend political and business functions
after normal business hours.
- You have a valid Driver's license and responsible driving
Where you'll be working:
- Hybrid remote work structure with office location in either
Dover, DE or Salisbury, MD
Benefits/what's in it for you?
- Flexible work arrangement
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best
with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and
life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
email@example.com or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources
Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EducationBachelors of Communications (required)
Experience3 - 5 years: three to five years (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , Governmental Affairs Manager, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!