Corporate Security Director
Company: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation
Posted on: March 20, 2023
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page:At the heart of our
Company is a dedication to delivering energy that drives progress.
We put people first, work to keep them safe and build trusting
relationships. -What you'll be working on---
- Taking the necessary actions to maintain a safe and secure
environment by ensuring that the Company has the appropriate
security systems in place; overseeing company standards to ensure
that security required by government and regulatory bodies are
adhered to throughout the Company; ensuring that the Company's
corporate security systems are aligned with physical security best
practices and the Company's cyber security programs.
- Overseeing all third parties engaged to assist the Company with
corporate security matters; providing recommendations to the senior
management team to minimize threats / risk that may be imposed
against the Company and/or its employees; and supporting the
management team with investigations resulting from criminal
activity, misconduct or employee policy infractions.
- Providing strategic direction for the effective management of
security-related activities that are aligned with the Company's
- Overseeing the planning and execution of security enhancements
with an emphasis on risk, uniformity, efficiency and
- Maintaining relationships with government, emergency, and law
enforcement agencies, as well as utility industry and
private-sector security and business continuity leaders, to gather,
analyze and disseminate timely information and to assure joint
coordination should a disruptive threat or incident occur.
- Collaborating with Business Units and Departments to maintain
business continuity and resiliency programming to minimize and
mitigate the consequences of threats and/or risks, including
national threats or incidents, which directly or indirectly affect
- Coordinating the establishment of strategies and procedures to
respond to an event and transition to business recovery.
Facilitating plan development, training and exercises to assure
employee awareness and organizational resilience. If a critical
incident impacts the Company, providing situational awareness,
support management and assisting affected teams with response and
- Coordinating with leaders throughout the Company to ensure
business continuity and continuity of operations planning and
development of appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Performing additional responsibilities as requested or
assigned.Who you are...
- You have a valid Driver's License.
- You have the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government
- You have Fifteen years of related experience, including ten
years of progressive supervisory/ management responsibilities.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in business administration or
related field or equivalent work experience.
- You preferably have a Master's Degree in business management,
homeland security or related area.
- You have advanced technical knowledge related to corporate
security practices, security systems, business continuity, incident
management, risk management and government security regulations and
- You possess advanced leadership skills to direct the activities
of individuals and/or teams toward the accomplishment of
- You have the ability to make sound business judgments in a
timely manner, and demonstrated experience with prioritizing under
- You have demonstrated effective critical thinking,
organizational, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making
- You have management and administrative skills to develop,
monitor and maintain fiscal responsibility and regulatory
compliance within department guidelines.
- You have project management skills to plan work-flow,
coordinate projects and resolve conflicting demands; ability to
prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects
- You possess effective oral and written communication skills,
including presentation skills, and ability to create corporate
standards and programs.
- You have effective interpersonal skills, a customer service
focus and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented
environment and build consensus between competing organizational
- You have personal computer skills; experience using Microsoft
Office software products.
- You have demonstrated professionalism and experience working
with confidential information.
- You have certifications in business continuity planning,
emergency management, physical security and cyber security
- You have completed national incident management system courses
and demonstrable knowledge.Where you'll be working:
- Office setting, with travel up to 25% while providing 24x7
on-call support for any emergency.Benefits/what's in it for you?
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best
with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and
life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick
time!Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity
employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
-email@example.com -or Ruth Warner, Director, Human
Resources Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org.Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Chesapeake Utilities Corporation, Wilmington , Corporate Security Director, Executive , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...