Manager Risk Shared Services 1LOD
Company: City National Bank
Posted on: September 12, 2023
MANAGER RISK SHARED SERVICES 1LOD
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining 1LOD
risk shared services activities to assist Business Control Officers
with carrying out their responsibilities in a consistent and
coordinated manner. The role works with RBC, GRC (Governance, Risk,
and Control), CNB Second Line of Defense (SLOD) to describe binding
requirements then coordinate with First Line of Defense teams to
execute on these requirements. The role works with these
stakeholder groups to further clarify roles and responsibilities
across the risk activities and supports 1LOD Workstream Lead in
action plan development and implementation based on internal risk
and compliance gap assessments conduced at the Bank. This role
manages a centralized team that serves BCO functions with Risk
Reporting and Analytics, standardization of risk assessment
activities, development of shared 1LOD Risk processes and
procedures, Change Management and training on these process and
procedures, and regulatory and Internal Audit review coordination.
This position also supports in developing 1LOD Controls target
operating model and identifies opportunities to leverage solutions
across multiple risk-disciplines and/or divisions, as well as
potential opportunities to centralize functions. Collaborate
closely with Second Line Risk Teams and the LOBs.
Office of the President Division
Working within the Office of the President division, you will be
part of the team that provides strategic support and guidance to
City National's commercial lines of business with a strong focus on
integrated and streamlined risk and compliance programs.
What you will do
- Coordinate RBC Risk integration activities.
- Standardization of risk assessment activities which support
Line of Business and BCO organizations.
- Develop and produce standard 1LoD Risk Reporting.
- Produce and maintain 1LoD Procedures that put into effect
binding Polices and Standards.
- Develop and deliver training on 1LoD Procedures.
- Coordinate document collection for Internal Audits and
- Establish strong coordination/alignment with 2LOD and 3LOD to
clarify division of roles and responsibilities and implement robust
governance and strong risk culture.
- Provide guidance to Divisions and BCO's on required inputs
- Establish Risk Intelligence program to support 1LOD workstream
programs and initiatives.
- Act as subject matter expert on key risk and regulatory areas
for the 1LOD.
- Interpret and align regulatory and risk requirements to CNB's
- Develop tools to organize and monitor risk-related work from
across the LOBs and different types of risk.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to centralize and/or
consolidate activities, either across LOBs and/or types of
- Bachelor's Degree in risk, finance, mathematics, engineering or
statistics or related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of financial services experience, with at
least 5 years of experience in leadership or management roles.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in risk management or compliance
in a banking or lending environment.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Project Management or
Skills and Knowledge
- Masters degree preferred. Industry certifications a plus (e.g.
CPA, CFA, FRM)
- Familiarity with statistical approaches (i.e. logistic, OLS)
and project management techniques.
- Knowledge of risk management, banking systems, credit life
cycle, CCAR process, risk management methodologies and financial
industry regulations (OCC, FDIC, Fed)
- Past experience in Risk area, First or Second line Risk
function, External/Internal Audit function or Governance/Compliance
function highly desirable
- Experience in data management and analysis in Excel and/or
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and facilitate change
through collaborative effort. Strong interpersonal, verbal, and
written communication skills
- Self-motivation, discipline, task focus, the ability to
structure and present work and a proven record of delivering high
quality results within strict deadlines
- Solid problem solving, analytical (including qualitative
analysis), research, and quantitative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Product Suite, SharePoint
Starting base salary: $175,745 - $326,377 per year. Exact
compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
This job is eligible for bonus and/or commissions.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the
general nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Benefits and Perks
At City National, we strive to be the best at whatever we do,
including the benefits and perks we offer our colleagues. Get an
inside look at our Benefits and Perks .
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to
diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one
we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients,
colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded
in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of
integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships
continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a
subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading
diversified financial services companies.
Keywords: City National Bank, Wilmington , Manager Risk Shared Services 1LOD, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!