Project Manager- Memory Ambassadors Progam (Part time)
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Responsible for planning, implementation, and evaluation of a culturally-competent, community-based Memory Ambassador focused on engaging a culturally diverse population of older adults in DE with cognitive concerns or impairment. This includes coordinating outreach activities with community partners, recruiting and training Memory Ambassador Volunteers, and ensuring that all health information privacy, research, and risk management standards are met. This position is funded through a gift to the Swank Foundation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops culturally-competent, evidence-based training materials for Memory Ambassadors.
- Utilizes reliable, validated assessment tools and adult teaching/learning principles.
- Develops strategies to recruit, engage, and motivate volunteer Memory Ambassadors.
- Provides orientation, training, and ongoing mentoring for Memory Ambassadors.
- Develops strategic community partnerships and relationships with neighborhood gatekeepers.
- Manages and coordinates communication with primary care clinicians and post-screening encounter follow-up.
- Coordinates outreach efforts for ambassadors to provide health messaging and BP screenings.
- Organizes and provides public education programs and health topics for community groups.
- Organizes and leads all program meetings, including development of agendas, minutes and meeting materials.
- Collaborates with Christiana Care Value Institute on data collection, entry, monitoring, analysis and reporting.
- As relevant, completes all Institutional Review Board training, reporting, and monitoring requirements.
- Manages program budget, and fiscal reporting.
- Prepares and submits all grant reports to program funders.
- In collaboration with Swank Foundation Endowed Chair, develops plan for program sustainability after initial funding ends.
- Collaborates with External Affairs to organize public relations activities that promote the Memory Ambassador Program.
- Represents the Swank Center for Memory Care and Geriatric Consultation on relevant community advisory groups, and system wide councils.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices, reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Frequent contact with Christiana Care staff, community agencies, and governmental organizations related to cognitive impairment in Delaware's population of older adults.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Memory Ambassador Volunteers
Swank Foundation Endowed Chair in Memory Care and Geriatrics
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree required Health Sciences, Public Health, Social Work, Public Administration, Nursing or related field. Minimum of 3 years' experience in community programming or program management. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware. This 241-bed, 622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health, pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex, which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center. Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Wilmington , Project Manager- Memory Ambassadors Progam (Part time), Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!