*Payroll Manager - Delaware
Company: Solenis LLC
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Overview Solenis is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals for the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power, and municipal markets. The company's product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets, and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company operates 30 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of 3,500 professionals in 118 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit -Twitter - LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 3,500 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers' unique challenges. If you're interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
Description The Manager of North America Payroll, located at our headquarters in Wilmington, DE, is responsible for managing payroll resources and processes on a daily basis with the primary objective of ensuring that payrolls are computed and distributed to employees both accurately and timely. This position is responsible for managing and leading all aspects of payroll. This role is the recognized expert responsible for leading the evolution and continuous improvement of payroll systems, reporting, processes & controls to ensure they are fully optimized, leveraged, and aligned with the overall objectives of the company. Responsibilities include U.S. domestic (multi-state) and Canadian payrolls for approximately 1,400 employees. Specific duties involve supervising the payroll specialist, ensuring compliance with current government regulations (federal, state, and Canadian entities), auditing payroll processes and tax filings, developing and maintaining written departmental policies and procedures, and responsible for enforcing adherence to policies and internal controls.
- Manages and guarantees the disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to over 1,400 employees in the US consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Manages and guarantees the disbursement of multi-province payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to over 130 employees in Canada consistent with federal and provincial wage and hour laws.
- Manages and monitors the payroll function (including tax and systems administration) to ensure appropriate control procedures have been established and are being followed. Ensure that all record-keeping meets organization and legal requirements.
- Acts as the key point of contact and subject matter expert for EMEA payroll in front of internal and external customers
- Reviews payroll data and ensures all payroll processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner along with accurate and timely and accurate filing of monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory reports. Plans and implements quarterly and year-end procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes balancing procedures to ensure accuracy of payroll data. Reviews and confirms accuracy of HR employee and benefits data feeds. Ensures payroll balancing and system integrity. Reviews payroll audit reports on a timely basis to ensure that all payroll information has been recorded completely and accurately before release of payroll funds.
- Audits timekeeping records and pay practices to ensure compliance with pay policies, financial reporting, and deductions; communicates results to managers to address and correct issues.
- Initiates and promotes continual process improvements within the payroll department and implements changes leading to best-practice operations globally. Critically reviews and analyzes current payroll, timekeeping, benefit and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement innovative changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Establishes corrective action processes to identify and address deficiencies and reports regularly the status and progress of improvement initiatives.
- Develops a strong partnership with HR, Finance and the business to ensure alignment with strategic goals, to evaluate interdependencies for the implementation of new systems or processes. Facilitates inputs cross functionally from key stakeholders and business leaders into program design. Participates in the evaluation of payroll systems, HR, and benefits systems and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Develops and maintains departmental payroll policies and procedures. Communicates and implements pay policies and procedures in collaboration with Human Resources, Legal, Accounting, and Finance.
- Provides and models exemplary customer service. Ensures excellent customer service consistently for the payroll function. Assesses customer needs, researches, and resolves issues and communicates the resolutions to employees and managers.
- Interprets for employees and management the policies and government regulations as they relate to the payroll function.
- Communicates with and trains employees on timekeeping, vacation requests and other functionalities in the payroll system. Provide direction and training to employees on payroll procedures and payroll systems.
- Maintains a complete understanding of all applicable federal/state wage and hour laws related to payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes. Stays updated on changes in legislation affecting payroll processing and partners with legal counsel as necessary to interpret statutory changes.
- Develops and enhances payroll reporting capabilities providing suite of reports/dashboards for users/management.
- Supports and/or leads special projects as directed including mergers and acquisition support. Provides surge support for critical HR initiatives as needed. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or other applicable discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of payroll.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in Workday payroll systems.
- Experience with all aspects of payroll deductions and reporting as it relates to employee benefits, taxes, garnishments and other deductions.
- Knowledge of executive management payments, and company-wide retirement program calculations
- Payroll management experience including scheduling, organizing, directing, training and distributing workloads.
- Experience with posting to the general ledger, processing third party garnishment vendor interfaces, and tax liabilities.
- Successful track record in payroll process improvement and implementation; vendor management; and customer relationship management.
- Superior organization/project management skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments/projects, timelines and to identify project interdependencies, resource needs, potential risks/pitfalls and mitigation plans.
- Experience providing management level analysis - data modeling, analysis, statistical analysis, reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of payroll systems and tools. Excellent computer skills, e.g. Workday, Kronos, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience in a divestiture and an active M&A business environment preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional designation a plus. Key Capabilities/Success Factors:
- Ability to influence and operationally develop the critical path on how to complete assignments/initiatives. Ability to lead and partner effectively among all levels of the organization. Excellent relationship manager with the ability to liaise across team members and stakeholders.
- A champion in the commitment for operational excellence and continuous improvement in the execution of payroll programs, initiatives, projects and processes.
- Demonstrated success for early/on-time completion of assignments/projects with the outcome resulting in the delivery and execution of a quality product/analysis.
- Ability to take vague concepts and translate into a specific course of action. Manages ideas and makes decisions through critical thinking and problem solving capabilities. Demonstrates learning agility in working with new, complex business problems and to provide innovative, value added solutions. Develops original work in response to business needs.
- Flexible, innovative with the ability to excel in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment. Ability to scale and quickly adapt as business needs change. Able to maintain productivity during times of change and potentially difficult business challenges. Ability to service multiple customers and competing priorities.
- Possess outstanding teamwork capabilities and when needed, scales in support of unforeseen assignments and tasks through demonstration of personal initiative. Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness.
- Customer service oriented attitude with a demonstrated desire to exceed expectations. At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Solenis LLC, Wilmington , *Payroll Manager - Delaware, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!