VP, Server Operations Team Lead - DEL
Posted on: July 14, 2019
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a
fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial
technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when
planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the
firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of
investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock,
please visit www.blackrock.com - Twitter: @blackrock - Blog:
www.blackrockblog.com - LinkedIn:
Technology & Operations
The Aladdin trading and risk management system, used internally at
BlackRock and by BlackRock Solutions clients, enables customers to
manage over $5 trillion in financial assets. Aladdin is central to
our technology strategy, unifying BlackRock by providing everyone
with a common language and a central point of reference for our
investment activities globally.
The Aladdin and Application Engineering teams within the Aladdin &
Technology group use the latest technologies to design and develop
applications that make up the firms investment management platform.
The systems support the full lifecycle of the investment management
process, from quantitative risk management to order entry, trade
routing and settlement.
This person will lead a regional team of system administrators that
manage the core Microsoft infrastructure and virtualization
services for the firm. The Platform Operations Windows team has a
global footprint and is responsible for the ongoing support and
maintenance of the firms Microsoft infrastructure, virtualization
platforms, and a number of related technologies that support the
business. The team is responsible for a sizeable environment of
nearly 4,000 servers. We are looking for a motivated individual who
will lead this team into ongoing excellence.
The person in this role will directly manage a team of eight system
administrators across three locations within the US. This person
will oversee the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure high
quality and timely support of the global environment. Ongoing
collaboration with colleagues in region and around the globe will
be a key to success. This is a hands-on position, so the individual
will have to utilize both their technical and management experience
to fulfill the requirements of this role.
• Responsible for the overall health and stability of the server
environment and related technologies.
• Perform all aspects of a people manager role (performance
evaluations, shift scheduling, hiring/firing decisions, career
• Provide escalation support.
• Ensure all alerts, incidents, and requests are attended to in a
timely manner and on a priority basis by the team.
• Perform system administration duties such as server builds,
upgrades, and issue resolution.
• Maintain communications with peer managers in Singapore and
London. This will require occasional meetings during non-standard
• Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and audit
• Identify tasks and processes that can be optimized, and be a
champion for making them more efficient.
• Assign and prioritize tasks and projects to the team.
• Provide routine updates on projects, team metrics, and staff
• Clear and timely written and oral communication is critical to
success in this role.
• Progressive experience managing and leading a team of IT
Technical experience with most of the following areas:
• Windows Server
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Exchange
• Windows File Clusters/DFS
• Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
• Conceptual knowledge of storage and networking components
• Server hardware (HPE & Dell)
• Security and performance monitoring and analysis
• Scripting languages (PowerShell, VB, .NET, Perl, and/or
• Cloud (public or private) experience is a plus
• Prior team lead/management experience is required
• 6+ years combined technical and management experience
• Degree preferred, but not required
• Candidate must have great written and verbal communication
• Occasional international travel may be required (no more than
once a year)
• Occasional regional trips may be required (typically day
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other
statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Keywords: BlackRock, Wilmington , VP, Server Operations Team Lead - DEL, Executive , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!