Registered Nurse - Outpatient Oral Surgery Practice
Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Christiana Care Health System is currently recruiting a Registered
Nurse to work part time, 20 hours per week, in the Wilmington
Health Center Oral Surgery Practice. Days / Hours for this position
are: Monday; Tuesday; Thursday; and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00
A licensed professional health care provider who assumes
responsibility and accountability for the outpatient population and
provides care using the nursing process in collaboration with other
health care team members during the office visit and follow-up
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to
newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients,
including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to
obtain and interpret information to identify patient needs and to
provide the care needed.
- Identifies actual and potential problems for which the patient
is at risk.
- Interacts with patients between visits regarding test results,
medications, home care, and problems.
- Assesses patient response to interventions.
- Assesses patient/family learning needs and carries out teaching
measures as indicated.
- Administers medications in a safe and effective manner.
- Responds effectively to patient crisis situations.
- Communicates and collaborates with health care team in a timely
manner to provide a smooth, organized and efficient flow of
- Establishes and maintains a sound knowledge base of nursing
care necessary for specific patient population.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills with
patients, families, co-workers, management, physicians and
ancillary department staff.
- Delegates duties and tasks to other nursing staff after
assessment of capability and scope of responsibilities
- BSN required; or commitment to obtaining within three years of
date of hire
- BLS, ACLS, and PAL's Certification required
- IV Certification preferred
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of
- At least two years of experience as an RN required. Previous
experience in ICU, ED, Surgicenter or Ambulatory setting
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware. This 241-bed,
622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and
helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for
rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health,
pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location
also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site
surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana
Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex,
which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community
Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center.
Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital,
Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware
hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical
records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I
Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized,
Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching
hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report
ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear,
Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New
Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna,
Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor,
North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New
Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square,
Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford
Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Wilmington , Registered Nurse - Outpatient Oral Surgery Practice, Healthcare , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!