Remote Telephone Triage Nurse-duPont Pediatrics, Becks Woods Part-Time
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Nemours is seeking a Part-Time 20 hours a week Remote Telephone
Triage Nurse-duPont Pediatrics, Becks Woods.Primary Function:To
provide primary care patients telephone access to a highly skilled
and trained registered nurse who accurately answers their questions
and addresses their medical concerns during hours when the primary
care offices are open. To provide first line response to patient
questions and concerns with escalation to the primary care offices
when necessary. To insure continuity of care, communicates the
patient's condition and plan of care to other health team
- Accurately assesses each patient's condition by actively
listening to callers and asking probative questions. Identifies
emergent situations and effectively transfers life threatening
calls to appropriate agencies per protocol.
- Provides appropriate and courteous telephone advice including
plan of care and patient education to callers according to approved
- Appropriately and accurately documents initial and ongoing
telephone conversations with documentation being completed
immediately after the call ends.
- Places outbound follow up calls to caregivers as needed.
- Accurately communicates information to primary care offices as
needed either over the telephone or by routing the necessary
information to the individual offices through EPIC.
- Works autonomously while adhering to organizational standards
and core values.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and required
- Meets the needs of the department by flexing hours as needed
based on seasonal changes and call volume. This may include
mornings and evenings. Meets unit expectations for call volumes,
call duration and customer service expectations.
- Appropriately utilizes and maintains Nemours supplied
equipment; ability to troubleshoot technology issues to ensure
uninterrupted service to patients.
- Additional Requirements:
- BSN required
- Must have or be eligible for DE nursing license
- 3-5 years of Pediatric Office Nurse experience required
- 3-5 years of Phone Triage experience required
- BLS Certification with the American Heart Association
Keywords: Nemours, Wilmington , Remote Telephone Triage Nurse-duPont Pediatrics, Becks Woods Part-Time, Healthcare , Bear, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!