Certified Pharmacy Technician (PRN)
Company: SUN Behavioral Delaware
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position Summary:Supports Pharmacist and pharmacy services by
stocking, assembling and distributing medications. Performs routine
inventory checks on medications and supplies. Assists in the
ordering process.Position Responsibilities:Clinical / Technical
Skills (40% of performance review)
- Answers telephones.
- Makes rounds to nursing units to pick up orders.
- Prepares individual medication cassettes for verification by
- Fills requisitions for floor stock indications for verification
- Prepares billing for input by data processing.
- Prepares and updates patient profiles on all hospitalized
patients with information to include patient name, diagnosis,
hospital number, age, sex, allergies, M.D.s treating (psychiatrist
and internist), date of admission and other pertinent
- Refers questionable orders to an intervention pharmacist for
- Prepares pass medications for verification.
- Prepares prescriptions for verification by pharmacist.
- Signs out controlled substances on proof of use sheets.
- Places and transmits orders to drug wholesaler.
- Checks in all medication orders.
- Checks for outdated drugs monthly on nursing units, after-hours
drug cart and in Pharmacy.
- Attends monthly pharmacy meetings and in-services.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock
to determine inventory level; anticipates needed medications and
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medication
- Assists in the preparation of IV admixtures and extemporaneous
parental products under aseptic conditions.
- Endorses policy and procedures of the department and of the
- Maintains procedures concerning quality control, security of
controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Assists the pharmacy director on special assignments.
- Assists the pharmacy director with responsibilities in
accordance with the organizations missions, policy, and applicable
laws, along with any special projects.
- Interviews and assists in the hiring process, trains staff,
plans, assigns, and directs work, addresses complaints and resolves
- Demonstrates ability to respond to common inquiries or
complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the hospital
- Demonstrates ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Perform other duties as required.Safety (15% of performance
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands
responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.Teamwork
(15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part
of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families,
staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and
information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or
exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of
- Adheres to the Standards of BehaviorIntegrity (15% of
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient,
coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures,
protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to
personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply
usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods, as
established by job description, policies, or hospital
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and
positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information,
following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities,
following federal and state guidelines.Compassion (15% of
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality
patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and
- Required: Active certification through the Pharmacy Technician
Certification Board as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT).
- Preferred: Associates degree
- Maintains education and development appropriate for
- Preferred: Minimum of one (1) year experience in a behavioral
Keywords: SUN Behavioral Delaware, Wilmington , Certified Pharmacy Technician (PRN), Healthcare , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!