Deputy General Counsel - Healthcare and Regulatory (Full Time)
Company: Genesis Healthcare - Kennett Square
Location: Kennett Square
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Genesis is one of the leading providers of healthcare services
from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living
options and professional clinical services.
Join our Legal team as the Deputy General Counsel where you will
serve as a senior in-house attorney and regulatory expert. In this
role, you will protect the Company's legal interests and facilitate
the achievement of the Company goals and objectives.
- Report to General Counsel
- Supervise attorneys, paralegals and regulatory
- Serve as a legal resource regarding regulatory issues and
operational compliance to include survey and certification
- Interface with state and federal regulatory officials on behalf
- Examine, prepare and negotiate documents in connection with
acquisitions, divestitures and mergers.
- Review business affiliations, purchases or sales of securities,
and other assets to avoid regulatory risk.
- Assist with negotiation, preparation and review of material
contracts, including management contracts, contracts with outside
vendors and third party payors.
- Oversee and direct the provision of services of outside counsel
retained to assist in legal matters.Why Genesis? We improve the
lives we touch through the delivery of high-quality healthcare and
- We Care Deeply about YOU! Guided by our Core Values, Code of
Conduct and Ethics program, we foster a culture of care and
compassion. We focus on improving the quality of care through
creativity and innovation, honesty and integrity in all we do.
- We Develop YOU! We provide career ladders, education and
training opportunities so you can build a long and successful
career with Genesis.
- We Appreciate YOU! We value your contributions to the Genesis
mission and vision and instill an environment of teamwork and
enjoyment in working together. We recognize and celebrate our
- We are Committed to YOU! We know you are the vital link between
Genesis, our patients and residents! We inspire you to be your best
- Juris Doctorate is required. *Must have admission to the state
and federal courts of at least one jurisdiction in which Genesis
conducts business. *Ten or more years of experience in the
corporate law department of a regional law firm and/or diversified
corporation is required. *Must possess extensive legal experience
relating to regulatory compliance including but not limited to
experience with the interpretations and practice implementations
surrounding HIPAA, Anti-Kickback Statute, Fraud and Abuse, Medicare
regulations and state regulations specific to the operations of
skilled nursing companies, assisted-living or personal care home
companies and/or other ancillary healthcare companies such as
rehabilitation and therapy companies. *Must be able to travel. To
protect the health and safety of our patients, residents,
employees, family members, and the communities we serve, Genesis
has implemented a universal COVID-19 vaccination requirement for
employees, care partners and onsite vendors.Position Type: Full
Req ID: 402071
Center Name: Genesis Healthcare - Kennett Square
Keywords: Genesis Healthcare - Kennett Square, Wilmington , Deputy General Counsel - Healthcare and Regulatory (Full Time), Healthcare , Kennett Square, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!