Licensed Practical Nurse
Company: Harrison Senior Living of Coatesville
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Licensed Practical Nurse Job Category: Nursing
Requisition Number: LICEN001028
Schedule: Full-Time Coatesville, PA, 19320, USA "Looking for a
career with a purpose? Join our family!" Harrison Senior Living has
been awarded the " GREAT P LACE TO WORK for 2022 to 2023!" through
the Activated Insights® Survey Group. 74% of our employees say this
is a great place to work ! At Harrison Senior Living we are
dedicated to providing our residents with the very best in
independent senior care and assisted living so their families can
have peace of mind. Our home-like atmospheres offer a comfortable
environment with the security of knowing that exceptional care is
being given at all times. In keeping with the ideals of our
founders and owners/operators, only those with the strongest work
ethics and highest standards comprise our teams. Aligned
professionals are encouraged to keep in touch. Schedule:
- 12 hour shift- FT & PT LPN for our 6P-6A shift.
- PRN positions open for both FT and PT shifts. Only required to
work every third weekend and 2 paid holidays per year. 2 weekends
off in a row!
Summary: Licensed Practical Nurse - Assumes responsibility of total
resident care on a designated unit for each shift worked by
performing professional nursing duties and assuring the completion
of nurse aide duties. Cooperates with all disciplines to assure
high quality resident care. Responsibilities:
- Maintain charge and direction of floor in cooperation with the
Director of Resident Services (DRS) to assure quality resident care
- Create nurse aide assignments if needed to meet the needs of
- Notify DRS when a resident condition changes and when an issue
arises with other staff members.
- Administer medications and treatments in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Keep medicine cart locked at all times when out of view.
- Update resident support plans on a daily basis as needed.
- Appropriately assess residents and follow through according to
established policies and procedures.
- Assist with resident ADL's as necessary.
- Assist with resident meals and fluid intake on a daily basis to
assure proper nutrition is maintained.
- Accompany physicians on resident visits as needed to assure
continuity of care.
- Transcribe physician orders per policy in a timely manner.
- Observe nursing care and visit residents throughout the shift
to assure that nursing care is carried out as directed.
- Participate in receiving report from off-going shift and giving
report on-coming shift to assure continuity of care. Communicate
necessary information to nurse aides.
- Monitor care provided by Nurse Aides.
- Complete resident incident/accident reports per policy in a
- Collects samples, such as urine or sputum, from residents for
testing, as needed.
- Communicates information as necessary with families, residents,
- Assure that appropriate and adequate supplies are available on
floor for all disciplines.
- Participate in staff meetings to provide and enhance
communication between all disciplines on all shifts.
- Participate in problem resolution regarding employees and other
- Participate in orientation and training of personnel.
- Assure a clean, safe and orderly environment for residents,
staff and visitors.
- Accurately document all care provided to resident during shift
and before the end of the shift.
- Chart medications immediately after administered, per
- Provide input to DRS concerning nurse aide performance.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Attend and participate staff meetings, in-services, mandatory
trainings/in-services and continuing education programs.
- Always functions within the limits of the Pennsylvania State
Professional Standards Title 49 Chapter and in accordance with the
scope of the practice permitted with the licensure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduated from an accredited school of Nursing and must possess
a current Practical Nurse license; in good standing, from the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; A Nurse who does not yet have a
Pennsylvania license must have a temporary practice permit required
by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Demonstrated management, communication, and observation skills
with an interest in geriatrics.
- Working knowledge of computers, and Microsoft Word
***All employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to
provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination. We are proud to
be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We
do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present
receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status,
veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Harrison Senior Living of Coatesville, Wilmington , Licensed Practical Nurse, Healthcare , Coatesville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!