Inpatient Therapist - PRN
Company: SUN Behavioral Delaware
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Summary:Responsible for comprehensive assessment of
persons whose lives are disrupted or complicated by mental illness,
behavioral disturbances, substance abuse issues or inability to
function or maintain in the community. Assists law enforcement,
family members and others with the admission process, both
voluntary and emergency detentions. Makes referrals to community
resources as appropriate. Assigns persons in need of treatment to
the appropriate outpatient program and coordinates inpatient
admissions through the medical staff. The Therapist is expected to
function as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate
in the organizations community relations program. Participates in
continuous quality improvement activities.
Position Responsibilities:Clinical / Technical Skills (40% of
- Completes psychosocial evaluations on assigned patients/clients
in a timely fashion. Displays excellent interviewing, diagnostic
and report writing skills.
- Interviews patients/clients, family members and others to
identify the precipitating event and degree of disruption that the
person is suffering.
- Assesses the impact of psychosocial stressors in order to
minimize the negative, destructive outcome of a crisis
- Facilitates the emergency detention process through interview
and preparation of appropriate legal documents.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the
patient/client, including pediatric, geriatric and the general
- Conducts therapy sessions with individuals and groups.
- Possesses excellent theoretical knowledge of psychopathology
and treatment techniques of each type of therapy.
- Writes clinical assessments and diagnosis in prescribed manner
for the medical record.
- Summarizes assessments and links patients/clients to the
appropriate level of care.
- Participates in weekly treatment planning for each
patient/client, works cooperatively as a member of the
interdisciplinary treatment team, completes progress notes and
discharge plans in a timely fashion.
- Engages in timely, efficient discharge planning. Works in close
conjunction with the patient/client, attending physician and other
- Is knowledgeable of facility and community resources.
Collaborates with medical staff and community-based agencies
regarding evaluation, recommendation and referral disposition.
- Possesses knowledge of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) in
managing crisis situations with escalated patients/clients.
- Documents all patient/client-related interactions.
- Completes documentation required for the medical record and
third-party payer sources.
- Performs phone triage duties in order to assess and link
patients/clients to the Assessment and Referral Department for a
complete initial assessment for services.
- Performs all aspects of patient/client care in an environment
that optimizes patient/client safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Acts as an advocate for the patient/client in the
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and
with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Program Director,
co-workers and medical staff.
- Provides a safe environment for patients/clients and staff,
including being aware of and documenting unusual incidents.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Safety (15% of performance review)
- Strives to create a safe, healing environment for patients and
- Follows all safety rules while on the job.
- Reports near misses, as well as errors and accidents
- Corrects minor safety hazards.
- Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards
identified in the workplace.
- Attends all required safety programs and understands
responsibilities related to general, department, and job specific
- Participates in quality projects, as assigned, and supports
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
Teamwork (15% of performance review)
- Works well with others in a spirit of teamwork and
- Responds willingly to colleagues and serves as an active part
of the hospital team.
- Builds collaborative relationships with patients, families,
staff, and physicians.
- The ability to retrieve, communicate, and present data and
information both verbally and in writing as required
- Demonstrates listening skills and the ability to express or
exchange ideas by means of the spoken and written word.
- Demonstrates adequate skills in all forms of
- Adheres to the Standards of Behavior
Integrity (15% of performance review)
- Strives to always do the right thing for the patient,
coworkers, and the hospital
- Adheres to established standards, policies, procedures,
protocols, and laws.
- Applies the Mission and Values of SUN Behavioral Health to
personal practice and commits to service excellence.
- Supports and demonstrates fiscal responsibility through supply
usage, ordering of supplies, and conservation of facility
- Completes required trainings within defined time periods.
- Exemplifies professionalism through good attendance and
positive attitude, at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and staff information,
following HIPAA and other privacy laws.
- Ensures proper documentation in all position activities,
following federal and state guidelines.
Compassion (15% of performance review)
- Demonstrates accountability for ensuring the highest quality
patient care for patients.
- Willingness to be accepting of those in need, and to extend a
- Desire to go above and beyond for others
- Understanding and accepting of cultural diversity and
- Required: Masters degree in a mental health related field.
Current unencumbered license in state of employment as LPC, LMFT,
LSW, LISW, LISW-S, LPCC, LPCC-S, LMSW, or LCSW, or state equivalent
license. Current CPR or CPI, which may be obtained during
- Maintains education and development appropriate for
- Required: A minimum of two (2) years of supervised clinical
- Preferred: Assessment and evaluation experience
Keywords: SUN Behavioral Delaware, Wilmington , Inpatient Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!