Registered Nurse - Special Care Nursery (Sign on Bonus!)
Company: Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Night ShiftDescription:Saint
Francis Hospital, a member of Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, is
looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the team in our
Special Care Nursery!
We are offering a very competitive sign on bonus for eligible
candidates that meet our minimum requirements!
Full-time nights (Mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts) / Every other
weekend & rotating holiday's
The staff nurse is a registered professional nurse who plans and
renders nursing care within an assigned nursing unit. He/she gives
direct patient care and maintains clinical records reflecting the
patient's condition, medication, treatment, examination, and
progress according to the Delaware Nursing Practice Act and St.
Francis Hospital's policies and procedures.Responsibilities
- Adheres to hospital nursing practice standards, demonstrates
appropriate assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of
- Performs a comprehensive assessment of the neonate.
- Displays an understanding of normal newborn transitional care
including thermoregulation, glucose monitoring, and respiratory
- Plans and delivers care to the newborn with complications.
- Identifies patient needs based on objective data and follows
through with appropriate documentation.
- Implements appropriate Nursing actions to each patient needs
- Makes decisions that reflect both knowledge of facts and sound
- Discusses with and includes parents about planned patient care
and expected outcomes and documents same.
- Identifies and appropriately utilizes multidisciplinary
approach to facilitate delivery of patient care.
- Instructs parents in follow-up care/activities in preparation
for transfer/discharge. Evaluates the parents understanding of
instructions. Gives written instructions and materials to parents.
Documents understanding of instructions.
- Charts precise and specific observation via Focus Charting on
- Receives and gives a knowledgeable and concise patient report
to others, as necessary to demonstrate awareness of patient's
- Initiates Clinical Pathways/Plan of care on appropriate patient
population on admission.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred; Active RN License in the
state of Delaware
- Must have at least 1-2 years' experience working in Special
- BLS Required
- Must obtain NRP certification within 6 months of
- RNC preferredWe offer a competitive salary and comprehensive
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage (Effective First Day of
- Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- And more!Our Commitment to Diversity and InclusionTrinity
Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000
physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve
diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the
cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce
(through training and education, recruitment, retention, and
development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Trinity Health Mid-Atlantic, Wilmington , Registered Nurse - Special Care Nursery (Sign on Bonus!), Healthcare , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!