Dentist - PRN
Company: West Cecil Health Center
Posted on: September 24, 2022
West Cecil Health Center (WCHC) is seeking a PRN Dentist, to
join our team. WCHC is a thriving nonprofit, community health
organization that provides comprehensive and collaborative patient
centered healthcare services. The Dentist will support our amazing
care team by providing friendly, professional and high-quality
dental care within a team-based, patient-centered dental program to
patients of all ages. This job might be for you if you:
- Graduated from an accredited school of Dentistry with a DDS or
- Maintain a current unrestricted Maryland State Dental
- Maintain a valid Federal D.E.A. Certificate and Maryland
- Maintain a Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate
- Comply with required dental continuing education
- have 1 - 2 year of experience (preferred)
- Post graduate GPR or AEGD a plus
- Public Health or Community/Rural Health Center experience a
- Have the ability to navigate electronic dental record
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work
effectively with all members of the healthcare team. Why Should you
- Growth and Advancement Opportunities
- Company Sponsored Events
- Employee Engagement Committees
- 401K with employer match
Dentist Essential Job Functions:
- Clinical Duties: Provides dental services to patients in
conformity with clinic protocols and the code of ethics of the
Maryland Board of Dentistry, and ensures compliance with federal,
state, and local standards and contributes to the efficiency of
health center operations.
- Performs routine exams, basic restorative work, full dentures,
partial dentures, simple extractions, and is able to work with
patients of all ages including children.
- Diagnoses oral diseases.
- Promotes oral health and disease prevention.
- Creates treatment plans to maintain or restore the oral health
of their patients.
- Interprets x-rays and diagnostic tests.
- Ensures the safe administration of anesthetics.
- Monitors growth and development of the teeth and jaws.
- Educates patients and their parents or legal guardians on
maintaining proper oral health.
- Supervises clinically the work of dental hygienists and dental
- General Responsibilities
- Promotes positive working relationships among supervisor,
staff, and other departments
- Provides safe environment of care
- Reduces risk of nosocomial infections in patients, employees
- Interacts with patients, visitors, staff and outside agencies
in professional manner
- Contributes to Improving Organizational Performance
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times as per
- Identifies problems and develops recommendation for
- Assumes personal responsibility for ongoing professional growth
- Participates in department planning activities, as
At WCHC, we embrace diversity and we don't discriminate against
employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin,
citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, or veteran status.
Keywords: West Cecil Health Center, Wilmington , Dentist - PRN, Healthcare , Conowingo, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!