Behavioral Health Technician
Company: Ponessa Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Provide one-to-one therapeutic support and behavioral interventions
to child/adolescent/young adult in the home, school and/or
community settings in order to help the consumer achieve goals
identified on their treatment plan.
* Foster a therapeutic relationship with the consumer and support
their therapeutic needs and therapeutic goals on the treatment
* Based upon the treatment plan, use therapeutic techniques and
interventions best matched to the individual to help them achieve
goals in the treatment plan.
* Provide input and feedback that contributes to the development of
the treatment plan.
* Provide crisis management and support to consumers, including
prevention, de-escalation and processing of strategies to support
improved consumer functioning.
* Coach the teacher, parent, and consumer on how to effectively
implement strategies and interventions that promote attainment of
treatment goals and help the consumer achieve success.
* Actively engage the consumer and their caregivers and/or teachers
(as well as other adult supports) to work toward the achievement of
treatment goals, applying a range of appropriate therapeutic
* Provide feedback to other team members regarding outcome
measurement related to interventions and responses.
* Adhere to CASSP principles of being child-centered,
family-focused, community based, multi-system, culturally competent
and least restrictive/least intrusive and incorporate these
principles through treatment.
* Actively collaborate with all treatment team members on a
frequent and regular basis.
* Attend supervision as directed and following state specific
regulations. If the BHT is working 37.5+ hours, they are
responsible for 1 hour of supervision per week, of which 1 hour
must be face to face each month; below 37.5 hours, they are
responsible for 1hour supervision two times per month, of which 1
hour must be face to face.
* Adhere to regulations regarding further professional development.
Complete all of the mandatory trainings required to maintain
compliance with the agency expectations and guidelines.
* Ensure compliance with Ponessa Behavioral Health policies and
procedures including confidentiality and reporting suspected
* Collects data to provide behavioral support team with
progress/regression towards identified goals outlined in the
individual treatment plan.
*Contributing to the Team: *
* Participates in regular meetings with staff to ensure priorities
are clear, coordination is good and communications are open.
Develops additional methods for ongoing effective
* Cooperates and communicates as a multi-discipline staff team
member through formal meetings and informal consultations.
* Models traits of a responsible team member, executing job
responsibilities, open communication, good follow through; supports
team members to do the same.
* Responds promptly to the concerns and interests of the consumers,
parents, guardians, funding entities and other Ponessa Behavioral
*Trauma Informed Behavior: *
* Demonstrates commitment to being trauma informed and maintaining
a therapeutic environment and community that promotes safety and
nonviolence as the basis for all we do with clients and staff.
* Demonstrates knowledge and utilization of trauma informed
practices, including emotional intelligence, effective
communication, understanding of impact of trauma on development,
strengths based and person-centered practice, resilience focus and
commitment to growth and change.
*Administrative Activities: *
* Ensures compliance with all Ponessa Behavioral Health policies
and procedures, including confidentiality and acting as a mandated
reporter in accordance with the law, policies, and procedures.
* Implements all documentation requirements; reports are complete,
thorough, timely, and follow prescribed format.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Understanding of theory and implementation of behavior
* Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with a
broad variety of people, including other team members and
* Ability to quickly form trusting relationships with
child/adolescent/young adult population based on understanding of
developmental process and emotional needs.
* Ability to form effective working relationships with diverse
consumers, school staff, family members and stakeholders.
* Ability to work effectively with a team-oriented environment.
* Maintains appropriate professional boundaries and
* Demonstrates initiative, problem solving, and follow-through.
* Independently assessing and recording data in order to report
behavioral outcomes and intervention results to BC and/or MT.
* Knowledge, application, and adherence to CASSP principles.
* Ability to effectively and independently communicate treatment
objectives and interventions to youth, family, school staff and
other treatment team members.
* 2 years experience in the provision of behavioral health is
preferred (or required, depending on degree - see below).
*Education Requirement: *
* Have a certification as a BCaBA OR
* Have a certification as an RBT (\*See below for more info) OR
* Have a certification as a BCAT OR
* Have a behavior health certification or behavior analysis
certification from an accredited
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the provision of
behavioral health OR
* Have a high school diploma and have completed a 40 hour training
covering the RBT Task List as evidenced by a certification
*Clearances: * (Employee's must have the following clearances
before servicing clients.)
* PA State Child Abuse Clearance (Upon hire, prior to working with
clients, and every year thereafter)
* Pennsylvania State Criminal Background Check (Upon hire, prior to
working with clients and every year thereafter)
* FBI Clearance
*Benefits: * Ponessa Behavioral Health offers a competitive
Employee Benefit Package to all eligible employees after 90 days of
full-time employment, including Health Insurance, Dental and Vision
Coverage, Voluntary Benefits, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Part-time employees are also eligible to enroll in Dental, Vision,
and Voluntary Benefit plans, after 90 days of part-time employment,
working a minimum of 15 hours/per week. In addition, employees can
participate in our optional 401 K Program with matching, and access
discounts provided in the Employee Perks Reward Program. Employee's
can also take advantage of our Tuition Discount Program, offering
tuition discounts through strategic partnerships to local Colleges
*\*Additional RBT Info: * The Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
is a nationally recognized paraprofessional certification in
behavior analysis. RBTs assist in areas such as delivering direct
behavior-analytic services, aiding in implementing behavior plans
which are developed by the BCBA or BCaBA, and collecting data.
Completing this 40 hour course covering the 2nd edition task list
is one component required in order to apply for certification. This
course is available online for free at
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road%58047475%
Keywords: Ponessa Behavioral Health, Wilmington , Behavioral Health Technician, Healthcare , Exton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!