Nurse Practitioner Oncology
Company: Penn Medicine
Location: West Chester
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission
of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting
innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of
medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means
collaboration with top clinical, technical and business
professionals across all disciplines.Today at Penn Medicine,
someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart,
deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our
employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's
- The nurse practitioner is a key figure in the practice with
responsibilities extending across several aspects of the practice's
operations. He/she will work alongside a designated Practice
Administrator who will have administrative responsibilities for the
practice. He/she provides clinical care for patients enrolled in
the practice, leadership for the nursing staff and medical
assistant staff. Responsibilities:
- Provides follow-up and urgent care as needed for patients.
- Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate
diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
- Performs a complete physical exam and records findings.
Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term
medical needs of patients.
- Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
Formulates a differential diagnosis based on history, physical exam
and diagnostic test results. Develops and implements a treatment
plan. Prescribes medications in accordance with collaborative
agreement and Pennsylvania State CRNP regulations.
- Maintains a process for systematic follow-up.
- Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments.
Educates patients regarding health and illness prevention.
Recommends community resources to meet patient and family
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician
visits. Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and other
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Directs, supervises and coordinates specific functions and
activities of the clinical staff as required, including management,
human resources, support services and patient flow.
- Works closely with practice administrator and Lead Clinical RN
on all aspects of clinical staff issues.
- Assists in the selection, employment, development and
management of clinical employees.
- Reviews and interprets operational problems/policies to
Practice Administrator. Helps to resolve problems and recommend
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Serves as a resource/consultant/preceptor to students and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Evaluates own clinical performance and seeks appropriate
- Participates in departmental committees and projects as
- Demonstrates the competence, knowledge and skill necessary to
provide the appropriate assessment, treatment and care of patients
served, whose ages range from adolescence through adulthood and
geriatrics, and have various ranges of disabilitiesCredentials:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Certified Nurse PractitionerPA (Required)
- Prescriptive Authority (Required)
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required) Education or Equivalent
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Master of Arts or Science (Required)
- Nursing 2+ years Acute or Ambulatory Clinician Nursing
experienceWe believe that the best care for our patients starts
with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits
programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer
a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one
of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region.
Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our
mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that
help people live longer, healthier lives.Live Your Life's WorkWe
are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race,
ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital
status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual
violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status
as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable
law. REQNUMBER: UPHS-INFOR-162963
Keywords: Penn Medicine, Wilmington , Nurse Practitioner Oncology, Healthcare , West Chester, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!