CNA/HHA Residency Program - $15 hourly - HomeHealth - Sussex County
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Posting Job Description
CNA/HHA Residency Program - ChristianaCare HomeHealth
The Home Health Aide residency program is a unique paid 9-week
program in partnership with Sussex Tech Adult Education and
Christiana Care Health System that integrates classroom and
clinical components. Upon successful completion of the 6-week
Certified Nursing Assistant Course, the individual will take the
Delaware State Test for Nurse Aide Certification. The candidate
will then transition to the Home Health team for preceptor led
- 9 weeks of training
- 6 weeks of instructor led didactic and clinical with
- 3 weeks of preceptor led clinical training in a home health
- ****NOTE: If selected for this program - the rate of pay will
be $15.00 hourly with healthcare benefits including- training and
working on the units*****
- THIS IS PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR INDIVIDUAL'S THAT HAVE A DESIRE
TO BECOME A CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED A NURSING ASSISTANT
COURSE OR HAVE PATIENT CARE EXPERIENCE
- *******This program will start in TBD********
The Home Health Assistant/Homemaker is a member of the Community
Health Service team working under the guidance and supervision of
the Professional nurse and/or therapist responsible for the client.
The Home Health Assistant/Homemaker provides services to clients as
established in the client's Plan of Care. (The Home Health
Assistant's/Homemaker's duties may be adjusted at the discretion of
the Professional nurse and/or therapist based on an evaluation of
the patient's needs.) The Home Health Assistant/Homemaker reports
to the Client Service Supervisor.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Follows Plan of Care developed by RN/Therapist.
-Follows responsibilities outlined in the Plan of Care such as:
personal care, light housekeeping, meal preparation, accompany
patient to physician appointments or clinics.
-Assists with simple exercise programs, application of prosthesis
and braces, ambulation, and transfers as outlined on the Plan of
-Provides stimulation and encouragement towards independence and
achieving the goals established by the professional staff and the
patient's stated goal.
-Other patient care skills as indicated on additional skills
checklist demonstrated by Professional Nurse or Therapist.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care
appropriate to patients in various stages of development.
- Performs assigned nursing duties for the comfort and well-being
- Responds to patient crisis situation and initiates
interventions within the scope of responsibilities and notifies
- Performs successful finger sticks on patients, following all
standard laboratory safety policies.
- Performs defined procedures on point of care
- Responds with promptness, empathy and interest to needs of
- Communicates to patients, employees, and physicians utilizing
courteous verbal and written communication skills.
- Completes mandatory in-service education.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established
departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in
a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or
safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other
employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Reading and math test provided by Delaware Skills Center
- BLS Certification required (will obtain during the
- Successful completion of the Delaware State Test for Nurse Aide
- Commitment to work at Christiana Care in assigned inpatient
acute care area 1800 productive hours over a one year period
following completion of the residency program
- Ability to work independently in client's home. Maturity and
ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job. Empathetic
attitude toward the care of the sick. Ability to communicate
effectively; reading, writing, and ability to understand and follow
- Proof of a valid driver's license and active auto insurance is
required. Alternative transportation arrangements may be considered
based on operational need.
Post End Date
Jan 31, 2023
EEO Posting Statement
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer,
firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is
reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for
open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy,
citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state, or local law.
ChristianaCare is committed to prioritizing the health and safety
of our patients and caregivers. As we continue to meet the needs of
our caregivers and our community through the COVID-19 pandemic, our
commitment to health and safety requires that we take new steps to
ensure a safe environment for medical care for our patients and a
workplace that avoids preventable harm for our caregivers. For this
reason, vaccination for COVID-19 is required for all caregivers at
ChristianaCare and is considered a safety standard that is
job-related and consistent with business necessity for all
Keywords: ChristianaCare, Wilmington , CNA/HHA Residency Program - $15 hourly - HomeHealth - Sussex County, Healthcare , Georgetown, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!