Physician/Medical Director - Part Time - Elkton, MD
Company: PrimeCare Medical, Inc.
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Correctional Medicine opening in Elkton, Maryland. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
PrimeCare Medical of NY, Inc. (PCM), recruiting on behalf of
Professional Care Medical Practice PC, has been in operation since
1986. We're a privately owned, physician founded, nationally
accredited correctional healthcare practice.
PCM provides comprehensive medical & mental health care services to
over 70 county jails, prisons, and juvenile detention centers
throughout 5 different states in the Northeastern US (PA, MD, FL,
NY, & NH). -
Correctional medicine is a unique, challenging, and exciting
opportunity for today's medical professional in that it provides
the ability to truly utilize all of your learned medical skills and
knowledge on a daily basis. Correctional health care is the perfect
hybrid of Primary Care, Urgent Care, and Emergency Medicine;
serving an often underserved and extremely diverse patient
population. Correctional healthcare also provides unrivaled
scheduling flexibility and moldability around your lifestyle!
We are currently looking for a Part-Time, Physician/Medical
Director to join our team in the medical department at the Cecil
County Detention Center in Elkton, MD.
This position offers exceptional scheduling flexibility and
requires only 8 hours of on-site medical care per week, Monday's -
Friday's. -Weekly hours are normally worked during normal business
hours; however, there is a high degree of flexibility available. As
such, we can accommodate around almost any schedule!
To quickly summary some key points:
- Hourly compensation negotiable and commensurate based on
- Company paid liability insurance (including tail) is
- Part-time Maryland Sick & Safe leave package included; and
- Partial annual licensure reimbursement available.
- Provide service to the inmate/patient population while
utilizing current, acceptable standards of medical practice.
- Assume responsibility for clinical management of the medical
health program in accordance with NCCHC/ACA Standards, as well as
PCM policies and procedures.
- Services to be provided on scheduled work days according to
standards and times mutually agreeable to physician, facility
administration, and PCM.
- Provide medical treatment to confined inmates/patients, when
- Provide medical consultation to all professionals (i.e.
physicians/mid-level providers/nursing) within the unit.
- Oversee and supervise all medical clinical services
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely medical entries are made
for each inmate/patient contact.
- Available for consultation and/or emergency medical coverage
via phone call.
- Work collaboratively and supervise clinical activities of
fellow physicians and medical staff while on duty.
- Evaluate all inmates/patients referred with medical health
concerns for presence, or absence, of mental illness and refer to
mental health accordingly.
- Refer inmates/patients as necessary to appropriate medical
facilities when appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with pharmacy to evaluate and approve all
medications and other medicinal preparations, which comprise the
- Establish and monitor standards of care provided by physicians,
psychologist and nurses in accordance with NCCHC/ACA and accepted
Keyphrases: correctional medical services jobs, correctional
medicine jobs, correctional health services jobs, prison health
Keywords: PrimeCare Medical, Inc., Wilmington , Physician/Medical Director - Part Time - Elkton, MD, Healthcare , Elkton, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!