RN Operating Room (Pool) - Limestone Surgery Center
Company: SCA Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Today, SCA Health has grown to 11,000 teammates who care for 1
million patients each year and support physician specialists
holistically in many aspects of patient care. Together, our
teammates create value in specialty care by aligning physicians,
health plans and health systems around a common goal: delivering on
the quadruple aim of high-quality outcomes and a better experience
for patients and providers, all at a lower total cost of care.
As part of Optum, we participate in an integrated care delivery
system that enables us to support our partners as they navigate a
complex healthcare environment, Only SCA Health has a dynamic group
of physician-driven, specialty care businesses that allows us to
customize solutions, no matter the need or challenge:
- We connect patients to physicians in new and differentiated
ways as part of Optum and with our new Specialty Management
- We have pioneered a physician-led, multi-site model of practice
solutions that restores physician agency by aligning incentives to
support growth and transition to value-based care.
- We lead the industry in value-based payment solutions through
our Global 1 bundled payment convener, that provides easy
predictable billing to patients.
- We help physicians address everything beyond surgical
procedures, including anesthesia and ancillary service lines.
The new SCA Health represents who we are today and where we are
going-and the growing career opportunities for YOU.
We are actively hiring for an Registered Nurse (RN) Operating
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of SCA.
- Assess patient status throughout the perioperative episode of
- Develop an individualized perioperative patient plan of care by
- Protecting the patient from injury caused by extraneous objects
and chemical, electrical, laser, mechanical, and thermal
- Demonstrating safe operation of equipment and machinery and
following procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Performing accounting procedures to protect the patient from
unintended retained surgical items.
- Speaking up with safety concerns acting as the patients
- Handling specimens according to facility policy and procedures.
- Adhering to standard precautions including the use of personal
- Communicating the patient's current status to relevant parties
throughout the continuum of care.
- Administering medications safely and correctly using the 8
rights of medication administration.
- Performing interventions to maintain the patient's wound and
tissue perfusion at or above baseline levels.
- Performing interventions to ensure the patient is at or
returned to normothermia at the conclusion of the immediate
- Providing nursing and appropriate monitoring in accordance with
policies and procedures.
- Performing interventions to protect the patient from surgical
- Assessing the knowledge level of the patient or designated
- Providing education regarding the expected psychosocial
response, nutritional management, medication management, pain
management, wound management, and expected responses to the
operative or invasive procedure.
- Involving the patient or designated support person actively in
decisions affecting his or her perioperative plan of care and the
- Protecting the patient's rights, dignity, and privacy.
- Providing age-specific, culturally competent, ethical care
within legal standards of practice.
- Maintaining a fire safe environment.
- Practicing and monitoring aseptic technique.
- Complying with Universal Protocol and facility site validation
and time-out policy.
- Evaluate the patient's progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Transfer care as applicable.
- Maintain radiation safety at all times in accordance with
facility policies and procedures.
- Provide hand-off report to other teammates that are accurate,
concise and pertinent to the patient's condition and response to
- Delegate tasks according to the state Nurse Practice Act (if
applicable), state board of nursing or professional registration
requirements, state laws, and job descriptions.
- Document episode of care accurately, timely, completely, and
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills
with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
- Serve as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning
perioperative patient care.
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement
- Participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Use problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to foster
effective work relationships.
- Maintain required competencies.
- Pursue professional growth.
- Act as a patient advocate and maintain privacy and
confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Comply with all SCA and facility policies and procedures when
providing patient care.
- Actively participate in team meetings, trainings, and daily
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of OR and/or medical / surgical nursing experience
- Current state nursing licensure to practice in good standings.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) or Basic
Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 of employment or
documentation of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
(ACLS) Course within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of Pediatric Advance Life support (PALS)
course is required when pediatric care is included in the facility
scope of services within 90 days of employment or documentation of
current PALS certification.
- Specialty certification in Perioperative Nursing is
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases,
chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patients and equipment
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand eye coordination
- Standing and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
Keywords: SCA Health, Wilmington , RN Operating Room (Pool) - Limestone Surgery Center, Healthcare , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!