Company: Christiana Care
Posted on: February 14, 2019
This is position is predominantly day shift 7am-3:30pm
To assist the surgical team, under the direction of a professional nurse, implementing skilled nursing care for neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs assigned procedures for comfort and well-being for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients,
- demonstrating a concern for safety.
- Assists in updating physician reference sheets.
- Participate in the nursing care plans, functioning as an effective team member.
- Demonstrates ability to scrub on all procedures, minor to major.
- Communicates effectively to patients, families, employees, and physicians, utilizing both written and verbal
- communication skills.
- Responds appropriately to crisis situations as outlined in unit specific standards, initiates interventions within scope of responsibility; notifies RN.
- Maintains required credentials of BCLS and mandatory inservice patients.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care appropriate to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent,
- adult and geriatric patients, including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret
- information to identify patient needs, and provide the care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that
- may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Operating Room Technician program; or minimum 2 year ORT experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Wilmington Hospital, Wilmington, Delaware. This 241-bed, 622,100-square-foot facility includes an emergency department and helipad, and is supported by specialized centers for rehabilitation, advanced joint replacement, women's health, pediatrics, behavioral health and memory disorders. This location also offers diagnostic imaging, lab services and an on-site surgicenter. The Wilmington Hospital campus serves as Christiana Care's corporate headquarters and includes the Wilmington Annex, which hosts adolescent health services, an HIV program, a Community Health Access Program and the Wilmington Family Medical Center. Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet -- designation, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin
Keywords: Christiana Care, Wilmington , Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!