Jerry Longo's Meatballs & Martini's - Line Cook
Company: Dover Downs Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
MAJOR FOCUS:Prepares quality food products in a timely manner
and attractively presented in accordance with our standard recipes
and plating instructions.
- Prepares all food items properly in accordance with printed
orders and plating instructions, avoids waste in preparation.
- Portions and prepares food items such as salads, appetizers,
soups, desserts, and deli items in accordance with our standard
recipes. Performs basic prep cooking such as baking, frying,
saut--ing and steaming associated with food prep.
- Follows set procedures in cooking, keeping equipment and area
in a clean and orderly condition in accordance with the production
checklist, including supplies.
- Makes sure foods are properly stocked.
- Carries a calibrated thermometer to check prepared food for
proper and safe temperature.
- Maintains sanitation buckets with proper ratio of bleach to
- Uses protective gloves when preparing food.
- Follows the instructions of your supervisor.
- Handles pressure during peak hours.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Works safely, following all established safety rules and
- Communicates effectively with co-workers, supervisors and
- Follows all relevant policies and procedures.
- Must comply with the company's recycling program standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess high school diploma, GED or equivalent work
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must be able to read and review documents.
- Must be able to report to work on time as scheduled.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and nights as
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Must present an overall professional appearance and report to
work in appropriate attire.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
The above description denotes some of the specific characteristics
which are necessary to perform the principal functions of the job
and are not intended to be a description of all the work
requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Dover Downs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Addendum to Job Description
These are physical and mental requirements of the position as it is
typically performed. Inability to meet one or more of these
physical or mental requirements will not automatically disqualify a
candidate or employee from the position. Upon request for a
reasonable accommodation, the Company will review for
reasonableness, depending on the requirement, the essential
functions to which it relates, and the proposed accommodation.
Pull (100 pounds)
Climb, Ascend/Descend (Stairs, Ladders)
Stoop /Kneel /Crouch
Hearing / Listening
Lift (50 pounds)
Clear Speech / Talking
Carry (50 pounds)
Drive (local / long distance)
Walk for Extended Periods
Stand for Extended Periods
Reach (Above Shoulder)
Push (100 pounds)
Sit for Extended Periods
Mental / Reasoning Requirements
Reading - Simple
Writing - Simple
Advanced Math Skills
Reading - Complex
Writing - Complex
Analysis / Comprehension
Basic Math Skills
Judgment / Decision Making
Works with Others
Verbal Contact with Others
Fumes / Odors
Dirt / Dust
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills
required of all personnel so classified.
Keywords: Dover Downs Inc, Wilmington , Jerry Longo's Meatballs & Martini's - Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!