Restaurant General Manager
Company: Method Co.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description Join the experience as we are seeking a
Restaurant General Manager. The restaurant design have been melded
with design features and fixtures from local makers that reflect
the building's original era, features a dining room adorned with
warm wood accents, plush upholstered banquets, an illuminating
ceiling design, and features an open kitchen showcasing a
wood-fired oven & grill focusing on Italian-influenced, wood-fired
cuisine that emphasizes the smokiness and char of the wood burning
oven & grill. Serving a casual, yet sophisticated & seasonally
driven menu, The Quoin is helmed by esteemed chef Jim Burke.The
Restaurant General Manager is an experienced service industry
professionals who oversees both the FOH and BOH operations of a
multi-unit, large-scale establishment, such as full-service hotels.
The position includes a long list of responsibilities that covers
both restaurant and hotel operations, all of which serve to enhance
and influence the overall guest experience with the highest level
of hospitality while maintaining compliance with company practices,
cost projections, and mission statements. You will be responsible
for ensuring the quality of foods and services to maintain the
guests' overall satisfaction on their dining and hotel experience.
TheRestaurant General Manager is expected to manage menu
selections, analyzing current food trends to meet guests' demands,
understand the room revenue and projections, and works with finance
department to maximize occupancy. They will handle budget
allocation, negotiating with reliable suppliers for high-quality
materials and ingredients for minimal costs, focus on growing cash
flow, lead projects and property operations.The ideal candidate
must have excellent communication, business, interpersonal,
organizational, time management and motivational skills, and the
ability to multitask and think quickly when under pressure. A
hands-on management style coupled with the ability to delegate,
create an increase in manager productivity, collaboration, quality,
and profitability is what will allow the Restaurant General Manager
to succeed. Driving team improvement should be foundational drivers
as well to their management style.PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE •
Operational Cost Controls • Microsoft Word, Excel• Budgeting •
Facility Maintenance • Forecasting Strategic Initiative • Business
Development• Guest Relations • Cost Reconciliation• P&L
Accountability • Marketing & Strategic Analysis • HR Practices •
Menu Development • Hiring, Training & Development • Financial
Analysis & Reporting• Special Events Management • Strong Computer,
Math & Writing SkillsDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales, labor costs
- Completion of daily, weekly and monthly sales reports.
- Completion of Customer Follow-up calls on a timely basis.
- Timely analysis of Food & Beverage and Hotel Room Prices in
relation to competition.
- Accountable for client engagement, external partners, strategic
direction and contract relationships across the property
- Build cross functional teams with exemplary communication,
functional skills and full accountability while maintaining a
customer focus priority.
- Launch and support development and opening of additional
restaurant concepts and/or additional lines of revenue within the
- Coordinated all financial planning, oversaw accounts payable,
accounts receivable and invoicing
- Participation and input towards F&B & Hotel Marketing
- Entertainment of potential and existing customers.
- Collaboration with marketing dept. of Sales Promotions &
- Quality of Hotel and Food & Beverage services and department
- Competitive analysis every six months by calling competition
and gathering data such as banquet kits, room rental rates,
- Work with the Chef, Assistant Director of Food & Beverage and
Food & Beverage Managers to ensure all arrangements and details are
- Handle all Food & Beverage inquiries and ensure timely follow
up on the same business day.REQUIREMENTS
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Staff professional attitude and proper meeting Company
appearance and uniform standards.
- Teamwork-Relations with co-workers and management.
- Responsible for overseeing all scheduling within the
- Completion of monthly inventory.
- Building and hiring of operational teams.
- Development and maintenance of all department control
- Supervision of daily paper flow including Proposals, and
- Directly responsible for large function billings and overseeing
medium/small function billings with particular regard to accuracy
- Attendance and participation at weekly F & B meeting and
Department Head meeting.
- Development and maintenance of department manuals.
- Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Assure the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures.
- All other duties as directed by Executive Directors and
Director of Operations.Method owns and operates high quality
restaurants and hospitality projects in several markets around the
country. These complex projects offer Method-owned boutique hotels,
cafés and restaurants and state-of-the-art amenities. Method
operates with hospitality in mind and customer satisfaction as our
goal utilizing a hands-on, detail-oriented philosophy. Method's
projects have been featured in national, regional, trade and local
press including The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal,
Forbes, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Conde Nast Traveler, Bon
Appetite, dwell, Monacle, USA Today and more.
Keywords: Method Co., Wilmington , Restaurant General Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!