Chef / Cook
Company: Harrison Senior Living of Coatesville
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Chef / Cook Job Category: Dining
Requisition Number: CHEFC001103
Schedule: Full-Time Coatesville, PA, 19320, USA "Looking for a
career with a purpose? Join our family!" Harrison Senior Living has
been awarded the " GREAT P LACE TO WORK!" through the Activated
Insights® Survey Group. 74% of our employees say this is a great
place to work ! At Harrison Senior Living we are dedicated to
providing our residents with the very best in independent senior
care and assisted living so their families can have peace of mind.
Our home-like atmospheres offer a comfortable environment with the
security of knowing that exceptional care is being given at all
times. In keeping with the ideals of our founders and
owners/operators, only those with the strongest work ethics and
highest standards comprise our teams. Aligned professionals are
encouraged to keep in touch. We are now looking for a Cook for our
Coatesville location. Position Summary Experienced full-service
Chef/Cook. Candidate must be able to lead a small team, drive
revenue, maximize productivity and motivate a team. Most
chefs/cooks attend a two-year culinary program and then work their
way up the ranks of a kitchen: line cook, sous chef, and finally
executive chef. Experience is very important and generally this
will supersede formal education. Must also be able to effectively
manage kitchen staff and maintain a clean kitchen. Essential
- Running the Kitchen and ensuring quality service.
- Ensuring sanitation and food safety.
- Kitchen Safety.
- Have a team meeting before service of meal.
- Prep work and maintenance of quality standards.
- Communicating clearly with Director, kitchen and service
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of
- Prepare and assist in serving meals in accordance with the menu
- Provide proper plate-up and portion control.
- Maintain and record proper temperature controls, food storage
and food rotation.
- Perform all side work and setup/breakdown duties as
- Adhere to safety and sanitary practices.
- Stock supplies; Set up workstations with all needed ingredients
and cooking equipment.
- Plan and direct kitchen activities.
- Supervise staff to maintain quality and hygiene levels.
- Ensure service runs smoothly.
- Overseeing and assisting with food production tasks
- Ensuring that quality and cost standards are consistently
- Menu creation.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling
vegetables, cutting meat etc.).
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock and let Director know there are shortages.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Culinary Degree
- ServSafe certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of cooking experience preferred.
- Experience in fast-paced food environment required.
- Display a positive attitude.
***All employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to
provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination. We are proud to
be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We
do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race,
color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present
receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status,
veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Harrison Senior Living of Coatesville, Wilmington , Chef / Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Coatesville, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!