Company: CARROLL INDEPENDENT FUEL COMPANY
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Store 160 - Dover, DE
The Shift Leader (SL) is responsible for supporting the Store
Manager in the day-to-day store operations. The SL is a key partner
in meeting performance and profit goals. In partnership with the
Store Manager, the SL is responsible for customer and employee
satisfaction, brand standards and store profitability. The SL
ensures exceptional customer experiences and supports our vision of
being "Fast, Fresh & Friendly".
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and drive high standards and expectations around food
quality, customer service, food safety and store cleanliness by
empowering store employees.
- Supervise the day-to-day tasks of all store employees.
- Provide superior customer service to all customers: greeting,
assisting, suggest selling and thanking each customer.
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers,
respond to customer complaints and inquires and lead by
- Ensure adherence to all Food Service Program procedures and
standards, overseeing the successful daily operations and
sanitation requirements of the program.
- Assist with the hiring, training and development of store
- Motivate, encourage and challenge Customer Service
- Lead by example to ensure all daily tasks are completed in the
store. Appropriately delegate tasks to Customer Service
Representatives and follow-up as necessary.
- Enforce established daily operating procedures to maintain a
clean, adequately stocked, organized and well-kept store in order
to provide a positive customer experience.
- Ensure all merchandise is stocked and displays are attractive,
priced correctly and displayed in a safe manner.
- Complete daily paperwork and computer entry in a timely manner
as established by management.
- Ensure the shift duty notebook is accurately maintained.
- Ensure execution of the safety, security and retail operations
policies and procedures.
- Monitor competition in all areas of the company, including fuel
and inside sales.
- Review and influence the profit and loss statement.
- Promote future growth by executing company strategies.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate daily
- Assume responsibility for special assignments and projects as
- Provide support for the Store Manager/District Manager, as
Minimum Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Successful completion of store training
- Previous experience supervising others, preferred
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Computer literacy
- Strong food service experience preferred, ideally in a
- ServSafe certification preferred or successful completion of
certification within 2 months of hire
- Strong focus on customer service and working with people
- Strong commitment to teamwork
- Strong leadership, team building and managerial skills
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively
communicate with employees, customers and vendors
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ethical, honest, trustworthy, respectful, compassionate,
supportive and patient
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to handle difficult situations professionally
- Ability to lift up to so lbs.
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays as needed by
the business, as well as work the site alone, as required.
- Retail environment with occasional exposure to unpleasant
working conditions including dust, extreme temperatures and
potential contact with petroleum and/or cleaning products.
- Spends the majority of the shift standing with frequent bending
- In inclement weather conditions, employees may be expected to
assist with efforts to maintain full store operations.
Keywords: CARROLL INDEPENDENT FUEL COMPANY, Wilmington , Shift Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Dover, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!