Asst Team Leader-Merchandising
Company: Big Lots
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Primarily responsible for freight processing and merchandising
functions within the store and is accountable for merchandising and
storeroom organization standards. Leads, directs, and at times,
actively participates in various aspects of the merchandising
process, including freight prep, truck unload, stocking, re-lays,
financial management, and inventory control. Leads and provides
direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer
service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales
floor, when serving as the Manager on Duty. Works collaboratively
with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
1. Leads and directs activities related to truck unload, freight
flow, backroom organization, ticketing merchandise, stocking
shelves, and reconciliation of inventory transactions according to
operational and merchandising standards.
2. Leads and supervises freight team.
3. Establishes plans to accomplish merchandising initiatives and
achieve defined goals.
4. Utilizes company tools, reports and feedback to effectively
analyze trends and refine plans.
5. Ensures that the appearance of the store's interior and exterior
are maintained to standards, primarily regarding merchandise
presentation and signage.
6. Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, training
and performance evaluations of associates in collaboration with
7. Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates,
including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the
store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
8. Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily
and weekly basis.
9. Serves in the Manager on Duty role as needed including opening
and closing the store. When serving in this role, provides
leadership and direction to floor associates and ensures that
store, merchandising, and customer service standards are
continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage,
recovery, and cleanliness. Drives the customer experience and
ensures resolution of customer issues.
1. High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
required. Must be 18 years of age.
2. Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
3. Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds
required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of
store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long
periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual
4. Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45
hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
5. Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays
6. Excellent organizational, communication, leadership,
presentation and interpersonal skills required.
7. Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills
8. Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
9. Basic English literacy, math, and PC skills required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the
requirements of applicable state and local laws.
What is it about Big Lots?From everyday consumables and housewares
to toys and seasonal goods, Big Lots offers amazing values that
other stores just can't match. Discover what makes Big Lots such an
incredible place to shop, work for, invest in, and do business
with.BIG opportunities. LOTS of potential.Our people make Big Lots
a great place to shop - and a great place to work. We're looking
for individuals who are committed to customer service and who want
a career filled with opportunities, challenges and rewards.
Keywords: Big Lots, Wilmington , Asst Team Leader-Merchandising, Hospitality & Tourism , Wilmington, Delaware
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!